Assistant Manager – Commercial Strategy & AnalyticsCommercial
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYStarStar India has defined the Indian media landscape for over two decades and today is one of the country’s leading media conglomerates, reaching approximately 650 million viewers a month across India and more than 100 other countries. Star generates 20,000 hours of content every year and broadcasts 40+ channels in 8 different languages, reaching 9 out of 10 C&S TV homes in India. The network’s entertainment channel portfolio includes Star Gold, Channel V, Star World, Star Movies, Star Utsav, Life OK, Movies OK and Star Plus, India's No. 1 Hindi General Entertainment Channel. It has a leading presence in regional broadcasting as well, through a bouquet of affiliate channels which includes Star Jalsha, Jalsha Movies, Star Pravah, Asianet, Asianet Plus, Suvarna, Suvarna Plus, Vijay and now Maa. It is also present in the Indian movie production and distribution space through Fox Star Studios, an affiliate joint venture company.
- Understand the value drivers of the business and identify commercial opportunities to drive revenue and market share
- Identify potential areas for process, technology or strategy disruptors to commercial aspects of the business and present ideas around them to the teams
- Assess the risks to the business, maintaining an awareness of external factors and ensure that the commercial strategy evolves accordingly
- Set up systems to articulate real time performance of commercial activities and drive continuous internal process improvements
- Measure and deliver internal and external customer satisfaction
- MBA in General Management/Finance/ CA from a tier 1 institute or Engg/Grad from Tier 1 institute
- 4-6 years’ experience in Strategy, Finance, Commercial, SCM Function of a large MNC or a reputed consulting firm
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Should have experience in developing data driven strategy to provide business inputs to commercial organizations
- Should be a team player with exceptional skills at business analytics
- Should be problem solver with ability to convince senior stake holders
- Out of the box thinker and strong collaboration skills
- Extremely high orientation towards technology, digital economy and understanding of the ecosystem is important
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.