Assistant Vice President - Customer AnalyticsEntertainment - Sales
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYStarStar India has defined the Indian media landscape for over two decades and today is one of the country’s leading media conglomerates, reaching approximately 650 million viewers a month across India and more than 100 other countries. Star generates 20,000 hours of content every year and broadcasts 40+ channels in 8 different languages, reaching 9 out of 10 C&S TV homes in India. The network’s entertainment channel portfolio includes Star Gold, Channel V, Star World, Star Movies, Star Utsav, Life OK, Movies OK and Star Plus, India's No. 1 Hindi General Entertainment Channel. It has a leading presence in regional broadcasting as well, through a bouquet of affiliate channels which includes Star Jalsha, Jalsha Movies, Star Pravah, Asianet, Asianet Plus, Suvarna, Suvarna Plus, Vijay and now Maa. It is also present in the Indian movie production and distribution space through Fox Star Studios, an affiliate joint venture company.
This is a team lead role, will be a key strategic partner to the Branch Head and part of the North leadership team. Role includes creating the Sales/ customer strategy, managing the analytics, creating the deal framework. Support in build up & owning the West numbers. It id key business partner to the SD and support to the Sales Ads on their teams on input on client industry, category genre, rates, deals etc.
- Region understanding of demand:
- Client universe – by category, consumption trends, seasonality, shares of competition etc.
- Agency universe – client-agency mapping, any key trends/opportunity areas etc.
- In depth account understanding & intelligence (specific to branch)
- Account understanding: Top 20-30 enterprise accounts and top 200 corporate accounts
- Account intelligence: Prepare & maintain client intelligence – client imperatives, client stakeholder maps, current discussion areas/pain areas etc. (“account template”)
- Pitch making & Media planning
- Creating pitch documents, accompanying sales team for visits when needed
- Includes liasioning with central sales strategy teams to understand FPC, Upcoming calendar etc.
- Network MIS:
- Sales funnel tracker
- Sales force productivity
- Set up norms for Market working
- Resource assessment based on market travelling norms
- Reporting format for sales force on market working-weekly frequency
- Achievement of the assigned target
- Accurate information regarding advertising spends on own channels vs. competition, future expansion/ business plans
- Developing preferred channel partnerships with market.
- Team Performance & Achievement of targets of the team
- Minimum Qualification: MBA/ PG
- Should have minimum 7-10 years of relevant sales experience
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Strong direct sales skills, ability to develop new clients and handle BD
- Presentation and strong communication skills
- Strong numerical ability skills related to sales targets and revenue calculations
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Assertive and go getter attitude
- Strong team player
- Logical and ability to make sound reasoning based conclusions
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.