Assistant ManagerProduct & Revenue Strategy
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYStarStar India has defined the Indian media landscape for over two decades and today is one of the country’s leading media conglomerates, reaching approximately 650 million viewers a month across India and more than 100 other countries. Star generates 20,000 hours of content every year and broadcasts 40+ channels in 8 different languages, reaching 9 out of 10 C&S TV homes in India. The network’s entertainment channel portfolio includes Star Gold, Channel V, Star World, Star Movies, Star Utsav, Life OK, Movies OK and Star Plus, India's No. 1 Hindi General Entertainment Channel. It has a leading presence in regional broadcasting as well, through a bouquet of affiliate channels which includes Star Jalsha, Jalsha Movies, Star Pravah, Asianet, Asianet Plus, Suvarna, Suvarna Plus, Vijay and now Maa. It is also present in the Indian movie production and distribution space through Fox Star Studios, an affiliate joint venture company.
This is a team leader role and part of the Product team and would be part of a cluster of channels focused on a genre or TG. This position is expected to be part of the sales strategy function for the entire network of channel for STAR with a specific focus to support the Sales team for that channel set.
- BUDGET CREATION & REVIEW:
Develop annual budget of all channels as part of branch targets. Reforecast the budget as required based on the performance and as per company's set goals
Monitor the channels in the cluster for Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly and Annual performance and give strategic and tactical inputs to achieve the sales target to the region heads and branch head
- DEVELOP MARKET UNDERSTANDING
Develop deeper insight and understanding of the dynamic market requirements through advertiser/client interaction, and facilitate 'why buy?', propose solutions more suited to client needs, hence resulting in better monetization of advertising opportunities
- ANNUAL DEALS/ IMPACT PROPERTIES/ CLIENT, BRAND, COMPETITION SPENDS MONITORING:
Support creation of pitch and evaluation of the pitch of annual deals and mega deals
Facilitate client and brand-wise spend monitoring on each channel in the cluster and on corresponding competitive channels, and evaluate competitive channel performance within and outside genre.
Identify and highlight opportunities to region heads and branch head
- BI & OTHER QUALI/ QUANTI REPORTS
Generating relevant reports proactively using BI and other tools like Elite Panel, TGI, etc.as made available for use
- Timely and accurate submission of the budget and reforecast as required and comprehensive view of the performance of the channels in the branch
- Presentation of the review in the formats required by the branch head
- Provide quantifiable inputs which influences favorable decision making by clients and shapes direction of business strategy
- Identifying and highlighting opportunities to channel heads and region heads in the branch
- Minimum Qualification: MBA (Premier/ Tier 1 management institute)
- With at least 09-12 years of post-qualification experience
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Strong Quantitative and analytical ability
- TAM, Media express, BI/BO tools
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.