Assistant Manager-Business Commercial (Entertainment)Business Commercial
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYStarStar India has defined the Indian media landscape for over two decades and today is one of the country’s leading media conglomerates, reaching approximately 650 million viewers a month across India and more than 100 other countries. Star generates 20,000 hours of content every year and broadcasts 40+ channels in 8 different languages, reaching 9 out of 10 C&S TV homes in India. The network’s entertainment channel portfolio includes Star Gold, Channel V, Star World, Star Movies, Star Utsav, Life OK, Movies OK and Star Plus, India's No. 1 Hindi General Entertainment Channel. It has a leading presence in regional broadcasting as well, through a bouquet of affiliate channels which includes Star Jalsha, Jalsha Movies, Star Pravah, Asianet, Asianet Plus, Suvarna, Suvarna Plus, Vijay and now Maa. It is also present in the Indian movie production and distribution space through Fox Star Studios, an affiliate joint venture company.
· Preparing Budgets & timely closure on contracts and agreements
· Ensure negotiations & multiple quotations from vendors to ensure best rates
· Build and manage relationships with the production houses and other vendors
· Implement and enhance the standards of quality of TV productions
· Ensure that studios adhere to Star defined benchmarks
- 60% weightage on driving closures as per agreed rates and timelines
- 40% weightage on mix of new initiatives, collaboration and driving efficiencies
Graduate or equivalent with work experience of 3-6 years
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Good negotiation skills
- Good understanding of the production & planning process
- Good understanding of shoot schedules and shoot equipment is desired
- Must possess hands on experience of production/ post production processes of TV shows, Documentaries, Films etc.
- Should possess exceptional skills at negotiation and ability to closes contracts
- Ability to bring thinking to drive efficiencies and improvements
- Good inter-personal and communication skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.