Senior Manager - Corp Counsel & Corp GovernanceLegal
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYStarStar India has defined the Indian media landscape for over two decades and today is one of the country’s leading media conglomerates, reaching approximately 650 million viewers a month across India and more than 100 other countries. Star generates 20,000 hours of content every year and broadcasts 40+ channels in 8 different languages, reaching 9 out of 10 C&S TV homes in India. The network’s entertainment channel portfolio includes Star Gold, Channel V, Star World, Star Movies, Star Utsav, Life OK, Movies OK and Star Plus, India's No. 1 Hindi General Entertainment Channel. It has a leading presence in regional broadcasting as well, through a bouquet of affiliate channels which includes Star Jalsha, Jalsha Movies, Star Pravah, Asianet, Asianet Plus, Suvarna, Suvarna Plus, Vijay and now Maa. It is also present in the Indian movie production and distribution space through Fox Star Studios, an affiliate joint venture company.
- Work in the center of excellence role to provide network level support to the legal & regulatory team
- Streamline generic documentation work and establish timelines and systems around the same including Document Management System, Rights Management System, franking of documents, etc.
- Commercial contracts: Demonstrated (hands on experience) subject matter knowledge in structuring, drafting, negotiating and closing following types of contracts;
- Procurement agreements – software, hardware, equipment, services, etc.
- Network marketing agreements.
- Services agreements, inter-company contracts, employment contracts and ancillary agreements, property contracts, etc..
- Building contract and compliance checklist and processes and ensuring that the systems are functioning smoothly.
- Institutionalizing best practices for legal contracts and documentation with an objective to increase efficiencies. Building playbook of ‘must have’ clauses in procurement contracts.
- Research and analysis of various policies, bills, amendments, notifications, on labour laws, employments, Contract Act, Information Technology Act & rules, dispute resolution laws, etc.
- LLB from a reputed Law College with experience in corporate laws, contracts drafting and compliance in service sector. Law firm experience in the corporate function is preferable
- 7-10 years of experience in corporate legal and contractual/transactional work.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Demonstrated (hands on experience) in contract drafting, good negotiation, and execution skills i.e., ability to draft, negotiate and close transactions independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated (hands on experience) subject matter knowledge in corporate laws, statutory compliance & monitoring
- Should have a reasonable understanding of procedural laws such as CPC, CrPC, and also substantive laws such as IPC, and other general corporate laws.
- Should have excellent research, analytical skills and should be able to exercise judgment and discretion to opine on compliance/ legal issues effectively.
- Able to drive efficiencies within the role and to be a trusted member within the legal/compliance team. Should enhance industry specific understanding and assist in establishing best practices for contract drafting, contracts for the in the center of excellence function.
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills, including ability to work effectively within a team and a fast-paced dynamic business environment
- Process oriented at the same time solution oriented
- Able to multitask.
- Good team player with a collaborative approach to completing tasks.
- Meticulous and punctual
- Leverages business understanding / functional expertise to deliver value to customer
- Strong communication skills and excellent command over English (both oral and written) and the ability to interface with people across all levels in the organization
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.