STAR Senior Manager - Legal
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYStarStar India has defined the Indian media landscape for over two decades and today is one of the country’s leading media conglomerates, reaching approximately 650 million viewers a month across India and more than 100 other countries. Star generates 20,000 hours of content every year and broadcasts 40+ channels in 8 different languages, reaching 9 out of 10 C&S TV homes in India. The network’s entertainment channel portfolio includes Star Gold, Channel V, Star World, Star Movies, Star Utsav, Life OK, Movies OK and Star Plus, India's No. 1 Hindi General Entertainment Channel. It has a leading presence in regional broadcasting as well, through a bouquet of affiliate channels which includes Star Jalsha, Jalsha Movies, Star Pravah, Asianet, Asianet Plus, Suvarna, Suvarna Plus, Vijay and now Maa. It is also present in the Indian movie production and distribution space through Fox Star Studios, an affiliate joint venture company.
- Film production/ acquisition/ distribution contracts: Bringing value through demonstrated experience & subject matter knowledge in drafting, negotiating and closing all types of commercial transactions;
- Drafting and negotiating Production / acquisition/ distribution / syndication contracts, format agreements, celebrity/ artists/talent agreements, marketing & event management deals including terms and conditions for various contests, promotions related to film releases.
- Drafting & negotiating commercial contracts relating to procurement of Film production related equipment, technology, services level agreements for outsourced vendors, inter-company contracts, employment contracts and ancillary agreements.
- Providing inputs on copyright law and policy matters and help taking proactive enforcement actions through contractual commitments and anti-piracy initiatives to prevent value erosion of intellectual Property rights of Fox Star
- Managing the Dispute resolution and Litigation function: Coordination with external counsels with regards to de-risking 21 CF, Star & FOX STAR from potential legal, financial and reputational risk arising from civil as well as criminal disputes and litigations through proactive and timely interventions, reviewing & drafting court pleadings & judicial documents, drafting legal notices & responses to legal threats etc. and providing strategic advice and guidance to Management through an effective Management Information System.
- Regulatory & Policy management : Conducting Research and impact analysis of various amendments to policies, laws, regulations, bills, consultation papers, notifications in relation to Copyright, Foreign Direct Investment, Censorship laws and rules, corporate law, taxation of films, trade union matters etc.
- Proactive & timely implementation and execution of tasks and assignments;
- Effective communication and coordination amongst various functions & the legal team to ensure timely execution of tasks / mitigation of risks / compliance with policies etc.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.