Product Manager-3Data Products Group
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYStarStar India has defined the Indian media landscape for over two decades and today is one of the country’s leading media conglomerates, reaching approximately 650 million viewers a month across India and more than 100 other countries. Star generates 20,000 hours of content every year and broadcasts 40+ channels in 8 different languages, reaching 9 out of 10 C&S TV homes in India. The network’s entertainment channel portfolio includes Star Gold, Channel V, Star World, Star Movies, Star Utsav, Life OK, Movies OK and Star Plus, India's No. 1 Hindi General Entertainment Channel. It has a leading presence in regional broadcasting as well, through a bouquet of affiliate channels which includes Star Jalsha, Jalsha Movies, Star Pravah, Asianet, Asianet Plus, Suvarna, Suvarna Plus, Vijay and now Maa. It is also present in the Indian movie production and distribution space through Fox Star Studios, an affiliate joint venture company.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES :
- You will guide a team that is charged with maintenance and enhancement of core products.
- You will be responsible in increasing products profitability and usability and/or developing new products/apps/solutions for the company.
- You will build products from existing ideas/ IP or develop new ideas based on the needs of business as deciphered from contact with customers and sales channel.
- You must possess a unique blend of product business and be technically savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. Y
- You should help in planning and removing all the bottlenecks in the implementation by ensuring smooth team wide communication channels.
- You will work with an engineering counterpart to define product release requirements.
- You should be able to review and participate actively in architectural discussions with the product team.
- You will work with marketing communications to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer.
- You will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product offering, occasionally working with the sales channel and key consumers.
PERFORMANCE MEASURES :
- As per role KPIs
- 8-14 Years plus post qualification
- Degree in computer science or equivalent. A master’s degree is preferred.
- Agile certification or knowledge is required
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS :
- Strong experience in programming and product development from early in career. Must have knowledge not coding skills as present role.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, with a proven ability to translate complex methodologies and analytical results to higher-level business insights and key take-away
- Code + Management
- Hands on with scalability. Large scale deployment.
- Must know Python, Ruby, Angular, React, Django, open source technologies (Java, php)
- Methodology Tools: Scrum, Jira, Agile (supplemented with Technical knowhow)
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES :
- Creative, gritty, driven by curiosity and comfortable with failure
- Strong Data intuition: Talent to identify and visualize patterns
- Ability to evangelize product understanding in the organization
- Multi Modal Communication skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.