Star Associate Creative Director - FictionStar Jalsha
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYStarStar India has defined the Indian media landscape for over two decades and today is one of the country’s leading media conglomerates, reaching approximately 650 million viewers a month across India and more than 100 other countries. Star generates 20,000 hours of content every year and broadcasts 40+ channels in 8 different languages, reaching 9 out of 10 C&S TV homes in India. The network’s entertainment channel portfolio includes Star Gold, Channel V, Star World, Star Movies, Star Utsav, Life OK, Movies OK and Star Plus, India's No. 1 Hindi General Entertainment Channel. It has a leading presence in regional broadcasting as well, through a bouquet of affiliate channels which includes Star Jalsha, Jalsha Movies, Star Pravah, Asianet, Asianet Plus, Suvarna, Suvarna Plus, Vijay and now Maa. It is also present in the Indian movie production and distribution space through Fox Star Studios, an affiliate joint venture company.
- To ideate and develop content that make it engaging viewing for mainstream television viewers of Bengali GEC, through its content mix, treatment, format and presentation
- To ensure continued slot leadership of shows
- Develop detailed episode structure & to devise plot high point to increase/sustain ratings
- To ensure that the decided character/story/treatment/look is getting maintained in all the episodes
- Develop and present 1 new Fiction idea/concept per Quarter
- To handle seamless launch/sustain production through Production Houses
- To ideate and present unique promo concepts for high points
- Innovative integration ideas - to spot integration opportunities within approved show structure & to execute and monitor all approved sponsor deliverables
- Ensure smooth process of workflow with other departments
- Be the mentor & coach for team member - prepare them for next level.
- Develop strong professional partnerships with Production Houses & other vendors
- Ensure Slot leadership
- Meeting assigned timelines
- Fiction viewership in terms of time spent
- Adhering to approved budgets
- Consumer insights incorporated into shows
- Feedback from internal & external partners
- Post-graduation in any content/creative stream (design, film or television production,
creative writing, visualization) with 10-12 years of relevant experience in TV production/Ad Direction/Scripting.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Knowledge of Film & TV Production.
- Well versed in Bengali (written & reading)
- Good communication and leadership skills
- Creative supervision and ideation experience
- Excellent Problem solving & decision making skills.
- Excellent communication & persuasion skills.
- Proven expertise and track record in content ideation and execution
- Ability to deliver under pressure and function without constant supervision.
- Innovative & Hard working
- Organized & adaptable
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.