Assistant Manager - Media & ActivationMedia & Activation
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYStarStar India has defined the Indian media landscape for over two decades and today is one of the country’s leading media conglomerates, reaching approximately 650 million viewers a month across India and more than 100 other countries. Star generates 20,000 hours of content every year and broadcasts 40+ channels in 8 different languages, reaching 9 out of 10 C&S TV homes in India. The network’s entertainment channel portfolio includes Star Gold, Channel V, Star World, Star Movies, Star Utsav, Life OK, Movies OK and Star Plus, India's No. 1 Hindi General Entertainment Channel. It has a leading presence in regional broadcasting as well, through a bouquet of affiliate channels which includes Star Jalsha, Jalsha Movies, Star Pravah, Asianet, Asianet Plus, Suvarna, Suvarna Plus, Vijay and now Maa. It is also present in the Indian movie production and distribution space through Fox Star Studios, an affiliate joint venture company.
- Manage the Ideation to Execution process of Digital marketing campaigns for the Sports BU
- strong reporting (MIS) and understanding of tools for evaluating Impact of campaigns
- Agility in work, manage multiple digital properties, glued to the sports world, understanding of the target audience, trends, amplification & social connection
- Create and manage existing and new social / digital platforms / accounts for Star Sports (Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Google+ , Vine, Instagram etc.
- Ensure very high engagement level on all social / digital media platforms which is consistent with company’s brand voice
- Strong understanding of insights and develop plans based on insights
- Coordinate with agencies for marketing material and content apps for mobile/social platforms
- Evaluate emerging technologies / platforms/ other digital platforms and manage campaigns within the budget allocated
- Provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate
- MBA in Marketing/Mass Communication
- 4+ years experience in digital marketing
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Written Communication - Effective communication skills including clear and precise written documentation. Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; able to read and interpret written information.
- Technical Skills - Must be computer savvy, with office programs, Social Media and online community environments. Must be well-versed in analytics programs such as TweetReach and Facebook Insights, as well as social media networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, YouTube and others.
- Interpersonal Skills - Ability to perform in a team-oriented environment; must maintain positive attitude while handling variety of member concerns, issues and complaints. Ability to accept constructive feedback and consider thoughtfully. Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things. Shares information openly with team members and management ensuring that ideas, opportunities and concerns are well communicated.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.