Full Stack DeveloperApplication Development
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYStarStar India has defined the Indian media landscape for over two decades and today is one of the country’s leading media conglomerates, reaching approximately 650 million viewers a month across India and more than 100 other countries. Star generates 20,000 hours of content every year and broadcasts 40+ channels in 8 different languages, reaching 9 out of 10 C&S TV homes in India. The network’s entertainment channel portfolio includes Star Gold, Channel V, Star World, Star Movies, Star Utsav, Life OK, Movies OK and Star Plus, India's No. 1 Hindi General Entertainment Channel. It has a leading presence in regional broadcasting as well, through a bouquet of affiliate channels which includes Star Jalsha, Jalsha Movies, Star Pravah, Asianet, Asianet Plus, Suvarna, Suvarna Plus, Vijay and now Maa. It is also present in the Indian movie production and distribution space through Fox Star Studios, an affiliate joint venture company.
We are looking for talented individuals to lead our growing Data Products team, which is developing a fundamentally new approach to how business generates value from data in close collaboration with the Data Sciences and Data Engineering vertical.
Our Big Data team is tasked with creating new sources of data-driven innovation and value for our business. They will help our business partners respond to their top-priority business goals by introducing new ways to tap their exploding data assets, using statistical methods, machine learning, and predictive models. They also work with industry-leading engineers to create new tools and features that support sophisticated analytics within the database.
The Full Stack Developer is the last mile developer in the team who will be responsible for delivering the application codes as part of the team.
- Delivery of applications on the app cloud on the Star Data Lake and Innovation Centre
- As per role KPIs
- 3-5 Years plus post qualification
- Graduate degree in computer science or equivalent
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- You should have hands on experience in Web development.
- Must have expertise in working with at least one of these databases: MongoDB, PostGres, Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, ElasticSearch.
- You should have good design & development skills in web markup, including HTML5, CSS3 and solid understanding of web technologies, like, JSON, RESTful APIs, OAuth, etc.
- Familiar with automated deployment, AWS infrastructure, Docker or similar containers.
- You should have worked in an Agile process and be familiar with standard development tools and processes Viz., code reviews, Bitbucket/Git, PivotalTracker/JIRA, etc.
- Creative, gritty, driven by curiosity and comfortable with failure
- Strong Data intuition: Talent to identify and visualize patterns
- Ability to evangelize product understanding in the organization
- Multi Modal Communication skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.