Dev Ops EngineerDevelopment Operations & Automation
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYStarStar India has defined the Indian media landscape for over two decades and today is one of the country’s leading media conglomerates, reaching approximately 650 million viewers a month across India and more than 100 other countries. Star generates 20,000 hours of content every year and broadcasts 40+ channels in 8 different languages, reaching 9 out of 10 C&S TV homes in India. The network’s entertainment channel portfolio includes Star Gold, Channel V, Star World, Star Movies, Star Utsav, Life OK, Movies OK and Star Plus, India's No. 1 Hindi General Entertainment Channel. It has a leading presence in regional broadcasting as well, through a bouquet of affiliate channels which includes Star Jalsha, Jalsha Movies, Star Pravah, Asianet, Asianet Plus, Suvarna, Suvarna Plus, Vijay and now Maa. It is also present in the Indian movie production and distribution space through Fox Star Studios, an affiliate joint venture company.
Technical Abilities: :
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field
- Proficiency in deploying and maintaining ROR, Python, React web applications, Databases(RDS, Neo4J, MongoDB), SOLR and ElasticSearch.
- Understanding of NoSQL DBs and key-stores like Redis
- Ability to construct and execute a network, server, and application status monitoring
- Knowledge of software automation production systems, including code deployment
- Knowledge of container based deployment with Docker / Ansible
- Jira/Confluence administration skills
- Experience with IaaS like AWS, GCP.
- Must be able to provision and manage servers/application, including configuration management using automation tools like Ansible, Salt etc.
- Experience in supporting databases like RDS, PSQL, MongoDB.
- Ability to develop scripts for automating tasks.
- Building CI/CD pipelines for deployment using Jenkins, Gitlab pipelines.
- Must be available for production support with flexible timings
- Hand-on experience with Docker is preferred.
- Working experience on any one of Kubernetes/Mesos/ECS is preferred.
At least 3-4 years of experience in the IT industry
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.