Lead- Regional Entertainment StrategyDistribution Strategy
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYStarStar India has defined the Indian media landscape for more than 25 years, and today is one of the country’s leading media conglomerates, reaching more than 790 million viewers a month across India and over 100 other countries. Star generates over 30,000 hours of content each year and broadcasts 60+ channels, reaching 9 out of 10 C&S TV homes in India. Its portfolio includes channels offering general entertainment, films, sports, infotainment, kids and lifestyle content across 8 languages (Hindi, English Bengali, Tamil, Kannada, Telugu, Marathi, and Malayalam). Star Plus is India's No. 1 Hindi General Entertainment Channel. Star India is also present in the Indian movie production and distribution space through Fox Star Studios. Star India is making quantum leaps in transforming sports in the country, with 15 sports channels, Star’s is the country’s leading sports network and one that is helping India become a multi-sporting nation. Star is also driving the agenda on digital consumption in India with its digital content platform Hotstar, which is amongst the fastest growing in the world and is increasingly becoming the first port of call for internet adopters in India.
- Will be responsible for sales and pricing strategy for the Regional Entertainment channels in the key markets
- Identification of growth opportunities for both short as well as long term.
- Formulation of short term & long-term strategies for leveraging the growth opportunities.
- Setting up the business for future growth, through pro-active initiatives.
- Identifying revenue leakages and blockades, formulating pre-emptive as well as curative strategies for overcoming the same
- Creating quarterly revenue plans for improving volumes/penetrations & work closely with Channel Content team & Distribution Sales team to ensure delivery
- Ensuring delivery of plans & budgets, through cross functional drive across Sales, Operations & Legal teams.
- Revenue budget achievement will be the single largest measure (~ 40% weight)
- Pricing and yield growth will have equal importance (~ 40% weight)
- New initiatives & ‘growth drivers’ linked projects
- MBA from premier institute.
- 12-15 years of experience, with at least last 5 years in sales and revenue strategy function.
- Preferably handled the Strategy function independently, with team management
- Knowledge of 1 or more of the relevant regional languages will be an advantage
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- High on planning & problem solving skills
- Leading a dynamic team of Strategist
- Industry knowledge will be an added advantage.
- Self-driven go-getter, with ability to work on limited inputs.
- Comfortable with unstructured responsibilities.
- Lateral thinking.
- High analytical ability & flare for numbers.
- Strong networking with ability to drive cross-functional initiatives.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.