OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYNational GeographicNational Geographic Partners LLC (NGP), a joint venture between Disney and the National Geographic Society, is committed to bringing the world premium science, adventure and exploration content across an unrivaled portfolio of media assets. NGP combines the global National Geographic television channels (National Geographic Channel, Nat Geo WILD, Nat Geo MUNDO, Nat Geo PEOPLE) with National Geographic’s media and consumer-oriented assets, including National Geographic magazines; National Geographic studios; related digital and social media platforms; books; maps; children’s media; and ancillary activities that include travel, global experiences and events, archival sales, licensing and e-commerce businesses. Furthering knowledge and understanding of our world has been the core purpose of National Geographic for 131 years, and now we are committed to going deeper, pushing boundaries, going further for our consumers … and reaching millions of people around the world in 172 countries and 43 languages every month as we do it. NGP returns 27 percent of our proceeds to the nonprofit National Geographic Society to fund work in the areas of science, exploration, conservation and education.
- Ideal candidate will be a Post graduate with a min 2-year experience or graduate with min 3 -4 years’ work experience.
- Background in media/studio experience and script writing preferred
- High command in Hindi and English – both verbal and written
- Working knowledge and robust understanding of standards and practices followed for TV content in India
- Excellent communication – specially for creating briefs and evaluating scripts for shows; should understand slang/ colloquial words in English, and be able to propose equivalent choice of phrases/ words in Hindi language as required
- Creative – understands content nuances and capable of giving sound feedback to studios in terms of voice over, treatment of scripts and editing
- High level coordination skills
- Consumes shows on TV; has inclination for factual entertainment/ infotainment genre
- Quick learner
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.