Tax FinanceTax Finance
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYStarStar India has defined the Indian media landscape for more than 25 years, and today is one of the country’s leading media conglomerates, reaching more than 790 million viewers a month across India and over 100 other countries. Star generates over 30,000 hours of content each year and broadcasts 60+ channels, reaching 9 out of 10 C&S TV homes in India. Its portfolio includes channels offering general entertainment, films, sports, infotainment, kids and lifestyle content across 8 languages (Hindi, English Bengali, Tamil, Kannada, Telugu, Marathi, and Malayalam). Star Plus is India's No. 1 Hindi General Entertainment Channel. Star India is also present in the Indian movie production and distribution space through Fox Star Studios. Star India is making quantum leaps in transforming sports in the country, with 15 sports channels, Star’s is the country’s leading sports network and one that is helping India become a multi-sporting nation. Star is also driving the agenda on digital consumption in India with its digital content platform Hotstar, which is amongst the fastest growing in the world and is increasingly becoming the first port of call for internet adopters in India.
• Advising Business teams, the most suitable structure for transactions from direct tax perspective
• Advising Business teams on withholding tax positions, review agreements & tax documents and liaise with vendors
• Advising and structuring tax positions in M&A activities
• Handling various reporting to parent company (including India and US GAAP Tax accounting) in MNC environment
• Managing Direct tax litigation and compliance (mainly of non-India jurisdictions)
• Liaison with IT authorities and Tax consultants
• Research in finalizing technical position.
• Conceptualize and implement technology tools in tax function
- Chartered Accountant with post qualification experience of 7 to 9 years
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Expert knowledge of Indian Income Tax and various DTAA with other countries
- Experience of handling tax compliances in non- India jurisdiction will be added advantage
- Advanced presentation skills
- Strong Analytical skills
- Excellent at Stakeholder management
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Eye for detail
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.