Senior Executive/ Asst Manager - Customer AnalyticsCustomer Analytics
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYStarStar India has defined the Indian media landscape for more than 25 years, and today is one of the country’s leading media conglomerates, reaching more than 790 million viewers a month across India and over 100 other countries. Star generates over 30,000 hours of content each year and broadcasts 60+ channels, reaching 9 out of 10 C&S TV homes in India. Its portfolio includes channels offering general entertainment, films, sports, infotainment, kids and lifestyle content across 8 languages (Hindi, English Bengali, Tamil, Kannada, Telugu, Marathi, and Malayalam). Star Plus is India's No. 1 Hindi General Entertainment Channel. Star India is also present in the Indian movie production and distribution space through Fox Star Studios. Star India is making quantum leaps in transforming sports in the country, with 15 sports channels, Star’s is the country’s leading sports network and one that is helping India become a multi-sporting nation. Star is also driving the agenda on digital consumption in India with its digital content platform Hotstar, which is amongst the fastest growing in the world and is increasingly becoming the first port of call for internet adopters in India.
- This is an individual contributor role and would head the Customer Analytics team. This position is expected to be part of the Sales Strategy function for the entire network of channels for Star with a specific focus to support the Sales team with respect to Analytics. Would be the custodian of data for the Branch.
- Region understanding of Advertising demand.
Client universe – by category, consumption trends, seasonality, shares of competition etc.
Agency universe – client-agency mapping, any key trends/opportunity areas etc.
- In depth account understanding & intelligence:
Account understanding: Top accounts for the network - detailed understanding of size, shares, seasonality, past purchase behavior incl. Impact etc.
Account intelligence: Prepare & maintain client intelligence – client imperatives, client stakeholder maps, current discussion areas/pain areas etc. (“account template”)
- Specific MIS:
Custodian of Sales, GRP Shares data.
Sales funnel tracker & supervise inventory management.
Sales force productivity
Reporting format for sales team - bi weekly frequency
Review Mechanisms for Branch & Sales Teams.
- Timely and accurate submission of the budget and forecast as required and comprehensive view of the performance of the channels/verticals in the branch
- Presentation of the review in the formats required by the branch head
- Provide quantifiable inputs which influences favorable decision making by clients and shapes direction of business strategy
- Identifying and highlighting opportunities to Sales Team, Vertical Heads & Branch Heads
- Minimum Qualification : MBA (Premier/ Tier 1 management institute) or equivalent
- With at least 3-4 years of post-qualification experience
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Strong Quantitative and analytical ability
- Outstanding MS Excel Skills
- Preferable - BARC, Media express, BI/BO tools
- Excellent quantitative aptitude
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Clarity of thought & ability to think things through
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.