Account Manager - Emerging SportsAd Sales
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYStarStar India has defined the Indian media landscape for more than 25 years, and today is one of the country’s leading media conglomerates, reaching more than 790 million viewers a month across India and over 100 other countries. Star generates over 30,000 hours of content each year and broadcasts 60+ channels, reaching 9 out of 10 C&S TV homes in India. Its portfolio includes channels offering general entertainment, films, sports, infotainment, kids and lifestyle content across 8 languages (Hindi, English Bengali, Tamil, Kannada, Telugu, Marathi, and Malayalam). Star Plus is India's No. 1 Hindi General Entertainment Channel. Star India is also present in the Indian movie production and distribution space through Fox Star Studios. Star India is making quantum leaps in transforming sports in the country, with 15 sports channels, Star’s is the country’s leading sports network and one that is helping India become a multi-sporting nation. Star is also driving the agenda on digital consumption in India with its digital content platform Hotstar, which is amongst the fastest growing in the world and is increasingly becoming the first port of call for internet adopters in India.
We are looking for a skilled Key Account Manager to oversee the relationships of the company
with its most important clients. You will be responsible for obtaining and maintaining long term
key customers by comprehending their requirements. This is an individual contributor role that
will be driving ad sales for the sports business from potential agencies and clients forming
a significant market which is linked to portfolio.
- Achievement of assigned targets of revenue and sales within the specified time frame
- Play an integral part in generating new sales that will turn into long-lasting relationships
- Develop strong market relationships with agencies & clients to maximize share of spend
- Keep up to date with trends and developments in the industry to gain early insights into
new business opportunities
- Prepare regular reports of progress and forecasts to internal and external stakeholders
using key account metrics
- Achievement of the assigned target
- Driving the pricing agenda
- Event Monetization
- Minimum Qualification : MBA/PG (Premier Institutes preferred)
- With at least 2 -4 years of post-qualification experience
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Strong direct sales skills, ability to develop new clients and handle business development
- Relationship development and networking with media partners.
- Knowledge of ad sales and relationships with agencies / clients is preferred and will be an advantage
- Strong communication, presentation skills, quantitative and analytical ability
- Knowledge of sales planning, branding, analytics, marketing fundamentals
- Ability to learn and meet deadlines
- Assertive and go getter attitude
- Strong team player and good people manager
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.