Senior Manager Social IntelligenceSocial Intelligence
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYStarStar India has defined the Indian media landscape for more than 25 years, and today is one of the country’s leading media conglomerates, reaching more than 790 million viewers a month across India and over 100 other countries. Star generates over 30,000 hours of content each year and broadcasts 60+ channels, reaching 9 out of 10 C&S TV homes in India. Its portfolio includes channels offering general entertainment, films, sports, infotainment, kids and lifestyle content across 8 languages (Hindi, English Bengali, Tamil, Kannada, Telugu, Marathi, and Malayalam). Star Plus is India's No. 1 Hindi General Entertainment Channel. Star India is also present in the Indian movie production and distribution space through Fox Star Studios. Star India is making quantum leaps in transforming sports in the country, with 15 sports channels, Star’s is the country’s leading sports network and one that is helping India become a multi-sporting nation. Star is also driving the agenda on digital consumption in India with its digital content platform Hotstar, which is amongst the fastest growing in the world and is increasingly becoming the first port of call for internet adopters in India.
• Analyze and report evolving trends relevant to the business to make a case for strategic growth
• Keep a close eye on crisis and support brand protection through timely reports and evidence generation
• Work with vast quantities of unstructured data, apply analytical lens and uncover impact on business
• Ability to collaborate across divisions from corporate, legal, sports, Hotstar, Nat Geo, GEC
• High responsiveness and availability 24*7 for situations requiring high priority of action.
• Ability to make a structure presentation/case to senior management in aggressive timelines.
• Business Impact- Providing intelligence that shapes content and business with a sharper focus on new growth opportunities.
• Brand Protection- Ensuring all and any threat to the organization is reported and managed with stakeholders
• PG from Tier 1 business school with 6+ years of consulting experience KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• A strong demonstrated business and strategy acumen
• An understanding of digital and social landscape and key platforms is required
• Training on using various analytical tools will be provided. Post that the candidate will be expected to work hands on with the tools culling insights from data
• Experience in data analytics/ consumer research/ strategy consulting for data driven insights is essential
• Ability to present data in formats useful to line/business is critical
• Ability to work in a fast paced, sometimes ambiguous and ever challenging environment with aggressive timelines
• High personal impact and exceptional written and oral communication skills. Articulating the so what from the data is important
• Affinity for content, broadcast industry, OTT is desirable
• Energetic, inquisitive and a team player
• Adaptability, high speed of learning, critical thinking
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.