Assistant Manager-Programming StrategyProgramming Strategy
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYStarStar India has defined the Indian media landscape for more than 25 years, and today is one of the country’s leading media conglomerates, reaching more than 790 million viewers a month across India and over 100 other countries. Star generates over 30,000 hours of content each year and broadcasts 60+ channels, reaching 9 out of 10 C&S TV homes in India. Its portfolio includes channels offering general entertainment, films, sports, infotainment, kids and lifestyle content across 8 languages (Hindi, English Bengali, Tamil, Kannada, Telugu, Marathi, and Malayalam). Star Plus is India's No. 1 Hindi General Entertainment Channel. Star India is also present in the Indian movie production and distribution space through Fox Star Studios. Star India is making quantum leaps in transforming sports in the country, with 15 sports channels, Star’s is the country’s leading sports network and one that is helping India become a multi-sporting nation. Star is also driving the agenda on digital consumption in India with its digital content platform Hotstar, which is amongst the fastest growing in the world and is increasingly becoming the first port of call for internet adopters in India.
Telugu is one of the most competitive markets in the country. The market has always seen a 4 way battle between the 4 top network – Star, Sun, ETV and Zee. In this dynamic market, strategy plays the biggest role. The programming strategy team drives the thinking for the business and empowers decision making with the correct analysis of the data (BARC ) and converts it into actionable insights. We are therefore looking for highly charged and self motivated people who love making a difference. The role will involve a fair amount of data analytics and insight mining ending with interpreting and presenting it to various business units like programming, marketing etc.
Reporting To :Head of Programming Strategy
Cluster : Star Maa : Telugu Network
- Barc Data analytics
- Business planning (short and medium term)
- Brainstorm and identify creative growth strategies for the channel based on the scheduling and promotion
- Assess issues and identify solutions to meet end objectives.
- Proactively identify business opportunities & possible potential challenges and work towards mitigating it.
- Work collaboratively with all stakeholders to successfully meet objectives
- Since the role has direct influence on Business, the performance measures will be directly linked to channel performance – Viewership & Revenue.
- 3-5 years of experience in strategy roles – possibly from a consulting background
- Not particularly media background
- Good Knowledge of Excel & Power-point.
- Ability to deliver on strict timelines
- Strong Analytical bent of mind
- Excellent Communication & Presentation Skills
- Strong Relationships Management skills
- Understanding Market Research and Data Analytics techniques
- Highly result oriented
- Well organized, Immaculate planner
- Well informed & Well read, Business wherewithal
- Self-motivated, Self-Driven, Smart
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.