Senior Manager- The DistillerySocial Intelligence
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYStarStar India has defined the Indian media landscape for more than 30 years, and today is one of the country’s leading media conglomerates, reaching around 700 million viewers a month on TV across India and over 100 other countries. Star India’s channel portfolio cuts across general entertainment, films, sports, infotainment, kids, and lifestyle content across eight languages. The network generates over 20,000 hours of content every year and broadcasts 70+ channels, reaching 9 out of 10 C&S TV homes in India. The Star Sports network is one of the leading sports networks with 17 channels in its bouquet. It is home to a number of leading domestic and international sports and is making quantum leaps in transforming sports in the country, helping India become a multi-sporting nation. Disney+ Hotstar, India’s largest premium streaming platform has changed the way Indians watch their entertainment - from their favourite TV shows and movies to sporting extravaganzas. With the widest range of content in India, Disney+ Hotstar offers more than 100,000 hours of TV Shows and Movies in 8 languages, regional and national News, and coverage of every major global sporting event, including the IPL. The company is present in the Indian movie production and distribution space through Fox Star Studios. The studios is also responsible for the marketing and distribution of its Hollywood slate in the country. For more details visit us at http://www.startv.com/
- Analyze and report evolving trends relevant to the business to make a case for strategic growth
- Keep a close eye on crisis and support brand protection through timely reports and evidence generation
- Work with vast quantities of unstructured data, apply analytical lens and uncover impact on business
- Ability to collaborate across divisions from corporate, legal, sports, Hotstar, NatGeo, GEC
- Ability to make a structure presentation/case to senior management in aggressive timelines.
- Business Impact- Providing intelligence that shapes content and business with a sharper focus on new growth opportunities
- Brand Protection- Ensuring all and any threat to the organization is reported and managed with stakeholders.
- PG from Tier 1 business school with 6+ years of consulting experience
- A strong demonstrated business and strategy acumen
- An understanding of digital and social landscape and key platforms is required
- Training on using various analytical tools will be provided. Post that the candidate will be expected to work hands on with the tools culling insights from data
- Experience in data analytics/ consumer research/ strategy consulting for data driven insights is essential
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Ability to present data in formats useful to line/business is critical
- Ability to work in a fast paced, sometimes ambiguous and ever challenging environment with aggressive timelines
- High personal impact and exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Articulating the so what from the data is important
- Affinity for content, broadcast industry, OTT is desirable
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.