Deputy EditorContent Studio Fiction
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYStarStar India has defined the Indian media landscape for more than 30 years, and today is one of the country’s leading media conglomerates, reaching around 700 million viewers a month on TV across India and over 100 other countries. Star India’s channel portfolio cuts across general entertainment, films, sports, infotainment, kids, and lifestyle content across eight languages. The network generates over 20,000 hours of content every year and broadcasts 70+ channels, reaching 9 out of 10 C&S TV homes in India. The Star Sports network is one of the leading sports networks with 17 channels in its bouquet. It is home to a number of leading domestic and international sports and is making quantum leaps in transforming sports in the country, helping India become a multi-sporting nation. Disney+ Hotstar, India’s largest premium streaming platform has changed the way Indians watch their entertainment - from their favourite TV shows and movies to sporting extravaganzas. With the widest range of content in India, Disney+ Hotstar offers more than 100,000 hours of TV Shows and Movies in 8 languages, regional and national News, and coverage of every major global sporting event, including the IPL. The company is present in the Indian movie production and distribution space through Fox Star Studios. The studios is also responsible for the marketing and distribution of its Hollywood slate in the country. For more details visit us at http://www.startv.com/
- The incumbent will be part of the team that will mine and develop path breaking concepts and execute fiction shows for Content Studio by consistently focusing on specific channel/ Studio philosophy.
- Support Editor in scouting for and developing new concepts
- Inputs into story forward/ ideation, character development/ journey, daily scripts/ screenplays/ dialogues
- Adapts consumer insights to story development
- Translates channel marketing priorities into monthly storylines
- Performance of a portfolio of shows – TVR, TSV of shows
- Number of break-through characters created- Character India Loves Report rankings
- Timely finalization of episode-wise scripts and supervision of error free execution & delivery
- Graduate/ P.G. in any stream. Preferably Mass Media
- Experience: 9-11 Years
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Proven expertise and track record in content ideation
- Should be able to build concepts which are aspirational in nature
- Knowledge of Film & TV Production.s
- Excellent Problem solving & decision-makings skills.
- Excellent communication & persuasion skills.
- Enterprising, dependable, integrity, foresight
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.