Manager-Product & Revenue StrategyProduct & Revenue Strategy
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYStarStar India has defined the Indian media landscape for more than 30 years, and today is one of the country’s leading media conglomerates, reaching around 700 million viewers a month on TV across India and over 100 other countries. Star India’s channel portfolio cuts across general entertainment, films, sports, infotainment, kids, and lifestyle content across eight languages. The network generates over 20,000 hours of content every year and broadcasts 70+ channels, reaching 9 out of 10 C&S TV homes in India. The Star Sports network is one of the leading sports networks with 17 channels in its bouquet. It is home to a number of leading domestic and international sports and is making quantum leaps in transforming sports in the country, helping India become a multi-sporting nation. Disney+ Hotstar, India’s largest premium streaming platform has changed the way Indians watch their entertainment - from their favourite TV shows and movies to sporting extravaganzas. With the widest range of content in India, Disney+ Hotstar offers more than 100,000 hours of TV Shows and Movies in 8 languages, regional and national News, and coverage of every major global sporting event, including the IPL. The company is present in the Indian movie production and distribution space through Fox Star Studios. The studios is also responsible for the marketing and distribution of its Hollywood slate in the country. For more details visit us at http://www.startv.com/
This role is part of the Product and Revenue Strategy team in Sports Ad Sales. This role will help drive long term strategies for increasing price yield by understanding consumer behavior, creating insights based on commercial awareness, analyzing viewership trends of sports events/shows and establishing the product for monetization opportunities.
Consumer understanding and insights:
- Understanding the viewership ecosystem in India and continuous evaluation of changes in the marketplace. Keep a close watch on movements across genres, market-wise behavior, profile and universe changes etc.
- Analyzing viewership of sports events/shows in detail across markets & target groups
- Constant competitor evaluation – regular tracking of competing sports properties, impact shows on entertainment, movie premieres etc.
- Create consumer insights for top sports properties to establish key selling propositions
- Provide strategic inputs based on consumer insights, competitor evaluation and dynamic environment to help create effective sales pitch documents
Advertising trends and buying behavior analysis:
- Understanding the buying behavior of advertisers across all product categories and all genres
- Advertiser/ brand wise analysis – evaluation of key media metrics on sport events/shows
- Monitoring spends and Sharing pertinent inputs with Sales team to get more advertisers onboard and to increase the share of spends of existing client base
- Create insights from clients’ advertising spends and identify trends from their product categories to recognize key opportunities to maximize asset utilization and yield maximization
Long term strategy & planning:
- Analysis of long-term viewership trends and creating insights for effective monetization.
- Understanding long term trends in buying behavior of advertisers to evaluate new revenue frameworks
- Effective collaboration with marketing team for insights on viewership trends.
- Liaising with the Data Products team to align the data for internal reporting and interaction with BARC.
- Interaction with the Sales team for viewership and advertiser performance on different sports properties, in clients’ respective target group/market.
- Own and support the overall revenue target
- Structural approach and inputs that lead to monetization opportunities
- Advertiser/ brand wise analysis and create insights
- Collaboration and stakeholder management internally
- MBA (Premier/ Tier 1 management institute)
- 7-10 years of post-MBA experience
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Strong Quantitative and Analytical ability
- Clarity of thought, ability to create & test hypotheses
- Knowledge and experience with BARC, BI/ BO tools
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to adapt and adhere to deadlines
- Inquisitive approach
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.