Manager - Programming Strategy & InsightsProgramming Strategy& Insights
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYStarStar India has defined the Indian media landscape for more than 30 years, and today is one of the country’s leading media conglomerates, reaching around 700 million viewers a month on TV across India and over 100 other countries. Star India’s channel portfolio cuts across general entertainment, films, sports, infotainment, kids, and lifestyle content across eight languages. The network generates over 20,000 hours of content every year and broadcasts 70+ channels, reaching 9 out of 10 C&S TV homes in India. The Star Sports network is one of the leading sports networks with 17 channels in its bouquet. It is home to a number of leading domestic and international sports and is making quantum leaps in transforming sports in the country, helping India become a multi-sporting nation. Disney+ Hotstar, India’s largest premium streaming platform has changed the way Indians watch their entertainment - from their favourite TV shows and movies to sporting extravaganzas. With the widest range of content in India, Disney+ Hotstar offers more than 100,000 hours of TV Shows and Movies in 8 languages, regional and national News, and coverage of every major global sporting event, including the IPL. The company is present in the Indian movie production and distribution space through Fox Star Studios. The studios is also responsible for the marketing and distribution of its Hollywood slate in the country. For more details visit us at http://www.startv.com/
This position is a custodian for quantitative and qualitative research work for Star Bharat covering the gamut of research and strategic planning
• Using data to help create better content and improve show and channel performance. The data set is not restricted to TV data but Hotstar and other viewer tracking data
• Planning the channel FPC to ensure we deliver market share
• Analysing consumer feedback basis primary consumer research, accurately identify problem areas and provide sharp & actionable insights to the content and communication teams
• Use insights from consumer feedback and quantitative data sources to actively provide stimulus and strategic direction to the internal teams and other stakeholders
• Holding the GRP estimation and target setting for annual as well as quarterly planning
• Identifying strategic levers for growing the viewership of the channel.
• Ownership of RODP goals.
• Number of sharp and actionable insights that were provided to business that aided strategic decisions (launch, sustenance, and communication turnaround)
• Number of projects worked on and its long/ short term impact
• Post Graduate in Management
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Passion for data analysis in all forms
• Comfortable working with large volumes of data
• Experience of Big data will be a plus
• Deep consumer understanding- an innate interest in people
• Passion for Hindi content
• Curious, articulate, passionate, meticulous, attention to detail, driven
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.