Sr Manager- Data sciencesData Sciences
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYStarStar India has defined the Indian media landscape for more than 30 years, and today is one of the country’s leading media conglomerates, reaching around 700 million viewers a month on TV across India and over 100 other countries. Star India’s channel portfolio cuts across general entertainment, films, sports, infotainment, kids, and lifestyle content across eight languages. The network generates over 20,000 hours of content every year and broadcasts 70+ channels, reaching 9 out of 10 C&S TV homes in India. The Star Sports network is one of the leading sports networks with 17 channels in its bouquet. It is home to a number of leading domestic and international sports and is making quantum leaps in transforming sports in the country, helping India become a multi-sporting nation. Disney+ Hotstar, India’s largest premium streaming platform has changed the way Indians watch their entertainment - from their favourite TV shows and movies to sporting extravaganzas. With the widest range of content in India, Disney+ Hotstar offers more than 100,000 hours of TV Shows and Movies in 8 languages, regional and national News, and coverage of every major global sporting event, including the IPL. The company is present in the Indian movie production and distribution space through Fox Star Studios. The studios is also responsible for the marketing and distribution of its Hollywood slate in the country. For more details visit us at http://www.startv.com/
- Use techniques from statistical analysis, supervised and unsupervised machine learning to deliver relevant business insights and to automate/optimize key processes.
- Establish scalable, efficient and automated processes for large scale data analyses, statistical tests, model development and model implementation.
- Work with the academic and business community to develop new techniques and to contribute to research in the area of advanced analytics in media
- Work directly with internal customers to educate them on “moving beyond BI” and training their internal resources to execute advanced forms of analytics
- Own and manage projects end-to-end - requirements definition, project scoping, engagement management, timeline management, documentation and delivery of results.
- Sound technical background in Data Science (with strong focus in one or more areas e.g., text or sentiment analytics, network/graph analytics, time series modelling, Linear models, Tree based models, Culstering, Optimization and Deep Learning etc.) and has solid business acumen.
- Performing a wide range of tasks – from data aggregation and summarization to building ML models to developing new techniques and algorithms.
- Self-started who can start with a business problem and work backwords to conceive, develop and implement the best possible solution.
- Proactive in challenging the current methods and models, explore and recommend better solutions.
- Great communicator who can crisply and effectively communicate his/her technical work in non-technical terms to senior management and business owners.
- Degree in computer science with a machine learning focus, Masters or equivalent in a quantitative discipline (other technical degrees also accepted e.g. applied mathematics, statistics, physics, operations research).
- 6+ years of relevant experience in predictive modelling and analysis.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Experience working hands-on with large-scale data sets
- Demonstrated experience using Python, R or other statistical/ML software.
- Advanced knowledge of statistical and machine learning methods, particularly in the areas of modelling and business analytics
- Strong programming skills
- Experience with statistical languages and packages, such as R, Python, SAS etc
- Experience working with relational databases and/or distributed computing platforms, and their
- query interfaces, such as SQL, MapReduce and Hive.
- Experience with additional programming languages, such as Python/R AND Java.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, with a proven ability to translate complex methodologies and analytical results to higher-level business insights and key take-away
- A proven passion for generating insights from data, with a strong familiarity with the higher-level trends in data growth, open-source platforms, and public data sets.
- Familiarity with visualization software and techniques (including Tableau), and business intelligence (BI) software, such as Micro-strategy, Cognos, Pentaho, etc.
Creative, gritty, driven by curiosity and comfortable with failure
Strong Data intuition: Talent to identify and visualize patterns
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.