Senior Executive/Assistant Manager - -Channel Sales Partner – New Business DevelopmentAd Sales
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYStarStar India has defined the Indian media landscape for more than 30 years, and today is one of the country’s leading media conglomerates, reaching around 700 million viewers a month on TV across India and over 100 other countries. Star India’s channel portfolio cuts across general entertainment, films, sports, infotainment, kids, and lifestyle content across eight languages. The network generates over 20,000 hours of content every year and broadcasts 70+ channels, reaching 9 out of 10 C&S TV homes in India. The Star Sports network is one of the leading sports networks with 17 channels in its bouquet. It is home to a number of leading domestic and international sports and is making quantum leaps in transforming sports in the country, helping India become a multi-sporting nation. Disney+ Hotstar, India’s largest premium streaming platform has changed the way Indians watch their entertainment - from their favourite TV shows and movies to sporting extravaganzas. With the widest range of content in India, Disney+ Hotstar offers more than 100,000 hours of TV Shows and Movies in 8 languages, regional and national News, and coverage of every major global sporting event, including the IPL. The company is present in the Indian movie production and distribution space through Fox Star Studios. The studios is also responsible for the marketing and distribution of its Hollywood slate in the country. For more details visit us at http://www.startv.com/
The emergence of new-economy sectors like edu-tech, specialised ecommerce, and SME sector gaining momentum has unfolded immense untapped potential to be monetised which the New Business Development vertical will focus on. This is a revenue generation role where the incumbent will be responsible to sell our advertising solutions to media agencies and marketeers of new upcoming businesses in the South market. The position holder will be responsible for working closely with the Region Head to build on the new business development vertical for the South market and maximize revenue from them through sale of commercial time and branded solutions.
Strategic / Policy related KRAs
- Develop a thorough understanding of the product, its strengths, positioning, content etc. to be leveraged for pitch impact and effectiveness
- Develop a thorough understanding of the new-economy sectors like edu-tech, specialised ecommerce, and SME sector in South well as unique marketing challenges being faced at each client organization
- Network, engage with and build strong relationships across levels at client as well as agency organizations to understand business trends, have direct visibility on upcoming campaigns and revenue potential
- Demonstrate thought partnership through a comprehensive understanding of the client and agency organization, their marketing needs, campaign efficiency metrices etc.
Operational / Process / Technology related KRAs
- Create, negotiate and close deals that maximize price/market share and deliver on the client’s and agency’s marketing objectives and expectations.
- Map competition (Sales strategy/Programs/Clients) and use market intelligence to develop strategies to maximize market share
- Deliver maximum value on deals by collaborating with cross-functional teams across the organization (PRS, Operations) and taking complete ownership of deal execution, client servicing and post evaluations of campaigns
- Act as an ‘Account Manager’ rather than a ‘Seller’ by providing dedicated account management to develop and nurture strong long-term relationships with key accounts.
Financial Accountability / Commercial Impact
- Accurate monthly revenue projections
- Meet or exceed monthly/quarterly/annual quotas
- Achievement of CPRP benchmarks and high market share
- Continuously identify opportunities for additional revenue sources through non FCT avenues – Brand Solutions
- Continuously strive to identify opportunities to maximise revenue opportunities in both TV and Digital, through a bundled approach
- Monthly / Quarterly / Annual Revenue
- Price / yield
- Client Count (Effective coverage)
- Accuracy of projections and productivity
- Minimum Qualification: MBA
- Total of about 3-7 years of experience with sales experience, preferably media ad sales
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Strong business acumen with a deep understanding of product as well as market
- Strong client relations especially with the various business segments and categories. Should have access to key decision makers at client and agency level
- Ability to read numbers and take decisions basis data
- Ability to collaborate with internal as well as external stakeholders
- Ability to drive and achieve sales targets
- Ability to unlearn and learn to keep pace with the evolving media industry
- Business acumen
- Networking and relationship building
- Learning agility
- Analytical thinking
- Result orientation
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.