Assistant Manager - Consumer Strategy and InnovationConsumer Strategy & Innovation
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYStarStar India has defined the Indian media landscape for more than 30 years, and today is one of the country’s leading media conglomerates, reaching around 700 million viewers a month on TV across India and over 100 other countries. Star India’s channel portfolio cuts across general entertainment, films, sports, infotainment, kids, and lifestyle content across eight languages. The network generates over 20,000 hours of content every year and broadcasts 70+ channels, reaching 9 out of 10 C&S TV homes in India. The Star Sports network is one of the leading sports networks with 17 channels in its bouquet. It is home to a number of leading domestic and international sports and is making quantum leaps in transforming sports in the country, helping India become a multi-sporting nation. Disney+ Hotstar, India’s largest premium streaming platform has changed the way Indians watch their entertainment - from their favourite TV shows and movies to sporting extravaganzas. With the widest range of content in India, Disney+ Hotstar offers more than 100,000 hours of TV Shows and Movies in 8 languages, regional and national News, and coverage of every major global sporting event, including the IPL. The company is present in the Indian movie production and distribution space through Fox Star Studios. The studios is also responsible for the marketing and distribution of its Hollywood slate in the country. For more details visit us at http://www.startv.com/
- Business Intelligence: Work with vast quantities of unstructured data, apply analytical lens and unearth relevant insights and recommendations to solve business problems
- Develop strategic projects that allow for the practice to remain future ready
- Analyze and identify evolving trends for business units like Star Suvarna, Star Sports, others (basis priorities)
- Develop in-depth understanding of consumer and content using social listening tools and platforms buzzing with consumer voice
- Analyze and put together reports on emerging regional patterns, new shows & new tracks, using social listening tools and platforms for chatter
- Assess the need and drive the change (in listening processes and analysis evolution) to meet the needs of stakeholders
- Support in solving the cross-departmental challenges and briefs with high priority to action
- Develop queries and dashboards across tools to collate and distill insights
- Prepare and help drive live engagement sessions and content creation
- Business Impact: Providing actionable insights that shape content and monetization with a sharper focus on regional entertainment & sports.
- Brand Protection: Ensuring all and any threat to the brand/events is escalated to the key stakeholders
PG / Engineering Graduate from reputed institutes
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- 1-3 years of work experience
- Excellent command over Kannada language (Both verbal and written) and Kannada culture, its people and region
- A strong understanding of the digital and social media landscape and key platforms is required. Training for using various tools will be provided. Post that the candidate will be expected to work hands on with the tools culling insights from conversations.
- Exposure to data analytics / consumer research is essential
- Experience in brand marketing, agency roles with exposure to consumer insight mining will be helpful
- Experience in social listening will be an advantage
- Ability to present data in formats useful to line/business is desired
- High personal impact and exceptional written and oral communication skills. Articulating the stories that lie within the data is a key facet of this role.
- Affinity for entertainment, either creating or viewing, is an advantage.
Ability to work in a fast paced, sometimes ambiguous and ever challenging environment
Should possess a strong passion for content, especially local (Kannada) entertainment
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.