OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYStarStar India has defined the Indian media landscape for more than 30 years, and today is one of the country’s leading media conglomerates, reaching around 700 million viewers a month on TV across India and over 100 other countries. Star India’s channel portfolio cuts across general entertainment, films, sports, infotainment, kids, and lifestyle content across eight languages. The network generates over 20,000 hours of content every year and broadcasts 70+ channels, reaching 9 out of 10 C&S TV homes in India. The Star Sports network is one of the leading sports networks with 17 channels in its bouquet. It is home to a number of leading domestic and international sports and is making quantum leaps in transforming sports in the country, helping India become a multi-sporting nation. Disney+ Hotstar, India’s largest premium streaming platform has changed the way Indians watch their entertainment - from their favourite TV shows and movies to sporting extravaganzas. With the widest range of content in India, Disney+ Hotstar offers more than 100,000 hours of TV Shows and Movies in 8 languages, regional and national News, and coverage of every major global sporting event, including the IPL. The company is present in the Indian movie production and distribution space through Fox Star Studios. The studios is also responsible for the marketing and distribution of its Hollywood slate in the country. For more details visit us at http://www.startv.com/
- Provide counselling to clients on numerous intellectual property matters, including trademark, copyright, and technology issues.
- Advise on IP aspects of legal agreements, including structuring, negotiating and drafting technology and related business agreements.
- Advising on copyright issues involving music and negotiating with copyright owners on various music issues.
- Perform trademark clearances; trademark prosecution; supervision and work with in-house IP paralegal staff and outside counsel in multiple countries.
- Consultation regarding legal developments in multiple countries on trademark and copyright issues.
- Analyze and resolve intellectual property claims.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Minimum of five (5) years of IP experience with a major law firm and/or in-house department.
- Experience handling copyright, trademark, and technology issues.
- Experience representing a major consumer brand or entertainment IP owner.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and work quickly, efficiently, and collaboratively under multiple, high-priority deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.