Group Head, Manager - Ad SalesAd Sales
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYStarStar India has defined the Indian media landscape for more than 30 years, and today is one of the country’s leading media conglomerates, reaching around 700 million viewers a month on TV across India and over 100 other countries. Star India’s channel portfolio cuts across general entertainment, films, sports, infotainment, kids, and lifestyle content across eight languages. The network generates over 20,000 hours of content every year and broadcasts 70+ channels, reaching 9 out of 10 C&S TV homes in India. The Star Sports network is one of the leading sports networks with 17 channels in its bouquet. It is home to a number of leading domestic and international sports and is making quantum leaps in transforming sports in the country, helping India become a multi-sporting nation. Disney+ Hotstar, India’s largest premium streaming platform has changed the way Indians watch their entertainment - from their favourite TV shows and movies to sporting extravaganzas. With the widest range of content in India, Disney+ Hotstar offers more than 100,000 hours of TV Shows and Movies in 8 languages, regional and national News, and coverage of every major global sporting event, including the IPL. The company is present in the Indian movie production and distribution space through Fox Star Studios. The studios is also responsible for the marketing and distribution of its Hollywood slate in the country. For more details visit us at http://www.startv.com/
- Generate advertising revenues for the assigned set of channels from allocated set of accounts and agencies
- Establish relationships at junior and mid-levels at agency partners in planning & buying functions and clients’ media & marketing functions
- Mentor and groom the team members and enable them to achieve their revenue targets in addition to achieving their own
- Achievement of the assigned revenue targets
- Gathering market intelligence with respect to Competition, Clients, Agencies, and overall business landscape to further our business objectives
- Developing preferred channel partnerships with market
- Minimum Qualification: MBA or Postgraduate
- Must have worked in related Ad sales role for minimum 7 to 12 years.
- Strong knowledge of B2B sales and agency linked markets will be an added advantage
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Reasonably independent in handling the given territory of accounts with minimal support required from supervisors
- Ability to drive and achieve sales targets.
- Leverage relationships & is a capable networker.
- Should be adept at MS- Office tools like Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Eye for detail and ability to meet deadlines
- High energy levels and go-getter attitude
- Ability to deal with dynamic and fast paced internal & external environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.