Producer - Programming FictionProgramming Fiction
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYStarStar India has defined the Indian media landscape for more than 30 years, and today is one of the country’s leading media conglomerates, reaching around 700 million viewers a month on TV across India and over 100 other countries. Star India’s channel portfolio cuts across general entertainment, films, sports, infotainment, kids, and lifestyle content across eight languages. The network generates over 20,000 hours of content every year and broadcasts 70+ channels, reaching 9 out of 10 C&S TV homes in India. The Star Sports network is one of the leading sports networks with 17 channels in its bouquet. It is home to a number of leading domestic and international sports and is making quantum leaps in transforming sports in the country, helping India become a multi-sporting nation. Disney+ Hotstar, India’s largest premium streaming platform has changed the way Indians watch their entertainment - from their favourite TV shows and movies to sporting extravaganzas. With the widest range of content in India, Disney+ Hotstar offers more than 100,000 hours of TV Shows and Movies in 8 languages, regional and national News, and coverage of every major global sporting event, including the IPL. The company is present in the Indian movie production and distribution space through Fox Star Studios. The studios is also responsible for the marketing and distribution of its Hollywood slate in the country. For more details visit us at http://www.startv.com/
- To collaborate with external Production Houses/Writers on current shows/shows in the pipeline and work closely with them on the same for day to day seamless telecast, as per Star’s guidelines
- To ensure continued slot leadership of shows
- Develop detailed episode structure & to devise plot high point to increase/sustain ratings
- To ensure that the decided character/story/treatment/look is getting maintained in all the episodes
- To collaborate with the Consumer Insights, Marketing team on FPC planning, budgets, communication plan and PR on all shows.
- Responsible to ensure airing of content after meeting S&P guidelines.
- To ensure consistent high quality of creative and production.
- To discuss on show/s communication with the OAP, Marketing & PR team.
- To share consumer insights with management and/ or team.
- To supervise production closely to ensure highest quality within approved budgets.
- To maintain healthy relationships with internal teams & Production houses to ensure healthy pipeline of stories
- To finalise looks/sets/costumes along with casting team and fit as per demand of story/characters
- To include rating analysis and work accordingly
- Maintain healthy banking
- Fiction viewership in terms of time spent and reach.
- Adhering to approved budgets.
- Consumer insights incorporated into shows.
- Preferably Mass Communication / Film Studies / Advertising Graduate with 5 years of TV Programming / Film/Ad Direction / Scripting experience
- Proven expertise and track record in content ideation and execution
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Knowledge of Film & TV Production.
- Excellent Problem solving & decision-making skills.
- Excellent communication & persuasion skills.
- Ability to deliver under pressure and function without constant supervision.
- Innovative & Hard working
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.