Director - BEU & EngineeringData Products Group
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYStarStar India has defined the Indian media landscape for more than 30 years, and today is one of the country’s leading media conglomerates, reaching around 700 million viewers a month on TV across India and over 100 other countries. Star India’s channel portfolio cuts across general entertainment, films, sports, infotainment, kids, and lifestyle content across eight languages. The network generates over 20,000 hours of content every year and broadcasts 70+ channels, reaching 9 out of 10 C&S TV homes in India. The Star Sports network is one of the leading sports networks with 17 channels in its bouquet. It is home to a number of leading domestic and international sports and is making quantum leaps in transforming sports in the country, helping India become a multi-sporting nation. Disney+ Hotstar, India’s largest premium streaming platform has changed the way Indians watch their entertainment - from their favourite TV shows and movies to sporting extravaganzas. With the widest range of content in India, Disney+ Hotstar offers more than 100,000 hours of TV Shows and Movies in 8 languages, regional and national News, and coverage of every major global sporting event, including the IPL. The company is present in the Indian movie production and distribution space through Fox Star Studios. The studios is also responsible for the marketing and distribution of its Hollywood slate in the country. For more details visit us at http://www.startv.com/
- Develop productive relationships with business leaders and product managers across the organization to influence how applications can enable new sources of value
- Drive the ERP Transformation program for the company
- Define and enhance methodologies and practices for the application life cycle management in line with best practice and practical experience of continuous improvement.
- Ensure that application processes (including those of external service providers) are conducted in line with corporate social responsibility, environmental and technical policies and applicable standards and legislation.
- Manage application group personnel, developing their skills and capabilities to meet the needs of the organization, as well as building on existing recruiting capabilities to address new needs and skills gaps.
- Implement and manage application product roadmaps status reporting, metrics and benchmarks.
- Manage relationships with major vendors and service providers to ensure they cost-effectively meet the needs of the organization.
- Conduct regular surveys of stakeholder satisfaction with application products, publish the results and, where necessary, implement action plans to improve satisfaction.
- Overseeing the assessment of the technical and business fitness of the application and product portfolio and their associated costs and risks.
- Facilitating the application product governance process to gain consensus on a prioritized set of measurable business outcomes that applications and products must support.
- Completeness of Vision and Architecture
- Project Delivery
- Budget Management
- Leader/People Management
- Efficiencies achieved due to Automation
- 16 to 18 years of progressively responsible relevant experience in managing a team of at least 100 members in application products development, implementation and management.
- Experience managing in an organization primarily using agile development methodologies.
- Experience transitioning an organization from traditional to agile development methodologies.
- Experience in running an ERP transformation (implementation or upgrade program)
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Strong communication skills with a proven ability to understand key concepts and communicate effectively with technical staff, business stakeholders and senior management.
- Proven ability to communicate technical concepts to nontechnical people to enhance understanding and drive to decisions that lead to positive outcomes.
- Proven ability to collaborate, build relationships and influence individuals at all levels in a matrix management environment (as well as external vendors and service providers) to ensure that segregation and overlapping roles are identified and coordinated.
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to perform under pressure and management of multiple priorities with competing demands for resources.
- Strong analytical, data processing and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in process formulation and improvement.
- Expertise in software application testing and performance monitoring
- Also must have in-depth knowledge and experience of the following:
- Financial accounting and reporting practices applicable to application products, costs and risks.
- IT contracts and their likely cost implications.
- Engagement with procurement and legal contract advisors for additional information.
- IT applications, operations, service and support organizations.
- Development and implementation of processes and policies.
- Lean IT, agile development, and DevOps principles and frameworks
- Critical reasoning
- Relentless in meeting commitments
- Growth mindset
- Attract and nurture talent.
- Creating a culture for competitive advantage.
- Confidently Spearhead transformational change
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.