Senior Manager-Channel MarketingChannel Marketing
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYStarStar India has defined the Indian media landscape for more than 30 years, and today is one of the country’s leading media conglomerates, reaching around 700 million viewers a month on TV across India and over 100 other countries. Star India’s channel portfolio cuts across general entertainment, films, sports, infotainment, kids, and lifestyle content across eight languages. The network generates over 20,000 hours of content every year and broadcasts 70+ channels, reaching 9 out of 10 C&S TV homes in India. The Star Sports network is one of the leading sports networks with 17 channels in its bouquet. It is home to a number of leading domestic and international sports and is making quantum leaps in transforming sports in the country, helping India become a multi-sporting nation. Disney+ Hotstar, India’s largest premium streaming platform has changed the way Indians watch their entertainment - from their favourite TV shows and movies to sporting extravaganzas. With the widest range of content in India, Disney+ Hotstar offers more than 100,000 hours of TV Shows and Movies in 8 languages, regional and national News, and coverage of every major global sporting event, including the IPL. The company is present in the Indian movie production and distribution space through Fox Star Studios. The studios is also responsible for the marketing and distribution of its Hollywood slate in the country. For more details visit us at http://www.startv.com/
- Design & deliver marketing campaigns for Star Bharat shows
- Responsible for show- launch related communication (both On Air & Off Air)
- Work closely with the On-Air Promotion team to ensure quality & consistency in all the communication
- Involved in ideation, responsible for supporting new concept creation and development of new ideas
- Interact on a broad level with internal customers - Sales, Programming & Distribution & External customers – PR, Digital &Ad agencies.
- Communicate with PR on the key points / highlights of the show
- Plan for launch activities & sustenance in various platforms of media
- Plan & manage communication budgets
- Study trends, markets, and specific TG’s of shows both on channel and competition.
- Analyze channel performance closely based on BARC, and making recommendations to programming with the aim to boost channel ratings
- To be involved in concept testing along with the Programming and Research team to understand the show and execute communication aligned to the show.
- Create associations to enhance marketing activities
- Ground activation & events
- Issuing brief for design and art.
- Deliver on marketing tie-ups towards value adding to the marketing budget
- Reach, Time spent and ratings of shows to measure effectiveness of campaigns
- Innovative inputs for campaigns and successful rollout
- Increase in follower base in social media
- MBA marketing from a premium Business School with 7-10 years of marketing experience
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Strong understanding of marketing concepts, strategy and best practices
- Understanding of Hindi GEC content
- Passion for television & should be an ardent consumer of content
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- High energy, Assertive and to be able to deal with multiple stakeholders, comfortable with a lot of focus from top management
- Eye for detail and a sense of good creativity
- Proactive in approach
- High degree of comfort in working with ambiguity
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.