Senior Executive - Servicing (Sports)Product & Revenue Strategy
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYStarStar India has defined the Indian media landscape for more than 30 years, and today is one of the country’s leading media conglomerates, reaching around 700 million viewers a month on TV across India and over 100 other countries. Star India’s channel portfolio cuts across general entertainment, films, sports, infotainment, kids, and lifestyle content across eight languages. The network generates over 20,000 hours of content every year and broadcasts 70+ channels, reaching 9 out of 10 C&S TV homes in India. The Star Sports network is one of the leading sports networks with 17 channels in its bouquet. It is home to a number of leading domestic and international sports and is making quantum leaps in transforming sports in the country, helping India become a multi-sporting nation. Disney+ Hotstar, India’s largest premium streaming platform has changed the way Indians watch their entertainment - from their favourite TV shows and movies to sporting extravaganzas. With the widest range of content in India, Disney+ Hotstar offers more than 100,000 hours of TV Shows and Movies in 8 languages, regional and national News, and coverage of every major global sporting event, including the IPL. The company is present in the Indian movie production and distribution space through Fox Star Studios. The studios is also responsible for the marketing and distribution of its Hollywood slate in the country. For more details visit us at http://www.startv.com/
This role is part of the Servicing Team under Product and Revenue Strategy, Sports Ad Sales.
This role will help drive sponsorship execution for all commercial deliverables across emerging sport properties such as Indian Super League (ISL), Premier Badminton League (PBL) Pro Kabbadi League (PKL) along with enforcing League Commercial Guidelines across clubs and franchisees in ISL, PBL, PKL and Super Cup. The role will also manage execution of on-air sponsor deliverables with Broadcast for international events like Premier League, Wimbledon, Formula 1 and French Open.
- Event Management and On-ground Execution
- Coordinate and execute all on ground entitlements of the various sponsors/brands who are signed up as sponsors on various properties ensuring all the deliverables have been executed as per standards.
- Broadcast integrations
- Successfully collaborate with all internal teams such as OAP, Traffic, Operations, content, sales and PRS to execute on-air deliverables of clients across all non-cricket properties within stipulated timelines
- International Marquee Properties
- Manage the execution of unique sponsor branded elements such as branded timers, clock drop downs, reply bugs, vignettes, roadblocks, syndicated columns on international marquee properties – Premier League, Tennis Grand Slams. Should aim to deliver glitch free execution of entitlements through collaboration with clients and agencies, while leading engagement with internal departments of our organization.
- Collaborations with external parties
- Constantly engage our league partners to attend to sponsorship matters especially for key brands to enhance their sponsor experience from coordinating on ground elements to permissions / contractual obligations. Manage and supervise efficient execution by appointed vendors that handle the league operations. The vendor coordination continues during and post the league, due to the nature of the entitlements received by central sponsors.
- Execute Sponsorship execution for all commercial deliverables across emerging sport properties such as Indian Super League (ISL), Premier Badminton League (PBL) Pro Kabbadi League (PKL).
- Manage and enforce League Commercial Guidelines across clubs and franchisees in ISL, PBL, PKL and Super Cup.
- Liaison with the operations, competitions, hospitality, accreditation and ticketing departments to facilitate deliverables for sponsors.
- In charge for on-ground branding elements like LED run-orders, backdrop schematic, etc.
- Facilitate sponsor activations on-ground and in fan zone for league central sponsors.
- Coordinate with Sponsors’ central team, local team and agencies.
- Review and amend League commercial guidelines for the above mentioned emerging sport properties.
- Liaison with the broadcast team to execute key sponsor activations.
- Manage execution of on-air sponsor deliverables with Broadcast for international events like Premier League, Wimbledon, Formula 1, French Open, etc.
- Liaison with multiple internal teams such as OAP, traffic and presentation, operations, content, sales for execution of unique sponsor branded elements such as branded timers, clock drop downs, reply bugs, vignettes, roadblocks, syndicated columns, etc.
- Timely execution of all sponsorship entitlements and commercial deliverables
- Complete adherence to League Commercial Guidelines across franchises
- Minimum Qualification: MBA or equivalent
- With at least 2-4 years of post-qualification experience
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Ability to multitask and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders
- High attention to detail and process orientation
- Knowledge of sports and major sporting events preferred
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Detail orientation
- Clarity of thought & ability to think things through
- Excellent communication skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.