Manager – Ad Sales, Sports (South)Ad Sales
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYStarStar India has defined the Indian media landscape for more than 30 years, and today is one of the country’s leading media conglomerates, reaching around 700 million viewers a month on TV across India and over 100 other countries. Star India’s channel portfolio cuts across general entertainment, films, sports, infotainment, kids, and lifestyle content across eight languages. The network generates over 20,000 hours of content every year and broadcasts 70+ channels, reaching 9 out of 10 C&S TV homes in India. The Star Sports network is one of the leading sports networks with 17 channels in its bouquet. It is home to a number of leading domestic and international sports and is making quantum leaps in transforming sports in the country, helping India become a multi-sporting nation. Disney+ Hotstar, India’s largest premium streaming platform has changed the way Indians watch their entertainment - from their favourite TV shows and movies to sporting extravaganzas. With the widest range of content in India, Disney+ Hotstar offers more than 100,000 hours of TV Shows and Movies in 8 languages, regional and national News, and coverage of every major global sporting event, including the IPL. The company is present in the Indian movie production and distribution space through Fox Star Studios. The studios is also responsible for the marketing and distribution of its Hollywood slate in the country. For more details visit us at http://www.startv.com/
- Develop a thorough understanding of the product, its strengths, positioning, content etc. to be leveraged for pitch impact and effectiveness
- Develop a thorough understanding of the industries/categories being serviced as well as unique marketing challenges being faced at each client organization
- Have a macro view of account clusters, media plans and revenue potential and assign targets to the team accordingly
- Network, engage with and build strong relationships across levels at client as well as agency organizations to understand business trends, have direct visibility on upcoming campaigns and revenue potential
- Build strategies to strengthen relationships within existing clients. Demonstrate thought partnership through a comprehensive understanding of the client and agency organization, their marketing needs, campaign efficiency metrices etc.
- Leverage key relationships with clients and agencies to drive high value deals, complex negotiations and identify opportunities to maximise market share and revenue
- Help team deliver maximum value on deals by collaborating with cross-functional teams across the organization (PRS, Operations) and taking complete ownership of deal execution, client servicing and post evaluations of campaigns. Manage escalations as and when they arise.
- Ensure adherence to internal processes and compliance guidelines by the team
- Analyse data and prepare accurate monthly revenue projections for allocated set of accounts
People Management KRAs
- Driving and motivating the sales force to achieve numbers by undertaking reviews and sales funnels, and driving sales processes
- Developing talent and career management by identifying learning opportunities, recognizing and rewarding high performance and coaching and mentoring
- Building a culture of cross-functional collaboration and driving team to productively work across functions (PRS, Operations, Analytics etc.) and resolving escalations / conflict management where required.
- Managing performance of direct reports by continuous performance feedback, timely course-corrections and working with HR to launch performance plans as and when required. Ensuring similar practices are followed by all people managers within team
- Achievement of the assigned target
- Driving the pricing agenda
- Event Monetization
- Minimum Qualification : MBA/PG (Premier Institutes preferred)
- With at least 8 - 10 years of post-qualification experience
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Strong direct sales skills, ability to develop new clients and handle Business Development
- Relationship development and networking with media partners.
- Knowledge of ad sales and relationships with agencies / clients is preferred and will be an advantage
- Strong communication, presentation skills, quantitative and analytical ability
- Knowledge of sales planning, branding, analytics, marketing fundamentals
- Ability to learn and meet deadlines
- Assertive and go getter attitude
- Strong team player and good people manager
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.