Associate Director –Business StrategyCorporate
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYStarStar India has defined the Indian media landscape for more than 30 years, and today is one of the country’s leading media conglomerates, reaching around 700 million viewers a month on TV across India and over 100 other countries. Star India’s channel portfolio cuts across general entertainment, films, sports, infotainment, kids, and lifestyle content across eight languages. The network generates over 20,000 hours of content every year and broadcasts 70+ channels, reaching 9 out of 10 C&S TV homes in India. The Star Sports network is one of the leading sports networks with 17 channels in its bouquet. It is home to a number of leading domestic and international sports and is making quantum leaps in transforming sports in the country, helping India become a multi-sporting nation. Disney+ Hotstar, India’s largest premium streaming platform has changed the way Indians watch their entertainment - from their favourite TV shows and movies to sporting extravaganzas. With the widest range of content in India, Disney+ Hotstar offers more than 100,000 hours of TV Shows and Movies in 8 languages, regional and national News, and coverage of every major global sporting event, including the IPL. The company is present in the Indian movie production and distribution space through Fox Star Studios. The studios is also responsible for the marketing and distribution of its Hollywood slate in the country. For more details visit us at http://www.startv.com/
Key aspect in television broadcasting is - understanding the audience pulse and providing the content they love to watch. Need a Content strategist who can think ahead of competition and able to provide inputs on content biz strategies, basis Biz plans. The incumbent need to have abilities for strategic thinking specifically for content planning, placement & promotion. This is a strategic lead role for building the Channel Content Strategy, Planning, Research, Consumer Insights and NF & F - Programming Strategies. The role is responsible for making plans & strategies for the channel basis various Quantitative & Qualitative Inputs. The role drives the thinking behind the programming and mapping the content with viewership and deep insights into consumer behavior and data analysis.
For Asianet network we are looking for a deeply passionate and enthusiastic person who can help drive the leadership agenda for the biz and lead the content strategy and consumer insight teams from the front
- Develop a deep understanding of our target consumers.
- Follow and highlight macro trends on the consumer landscape and uncover consumer-level business drivers.
- Be the evangelist for consumer insight mining – Use quantitative like BARC, Zapr, Adex, Hotstar data and ad hoc studies plus conduct extensive qualitative & digital insight projects.
- Blend the insights with data and make strategic content decisions to feed into content making
- Build a scientific approach to the planning on the channel for FPC and promos.
- Drive the day-to-day channel operation of FPC planning and promotion planning, Assist CH.
- Translating great insights to great strategy which results in real impact to the business.
- Providing strategic direction to drive outcomes including introducing new approaches, solutions and enabling technology
- Market share
- Overall GRPs in each of the genres
- A glitch free execution of the processes
- Delivering ROI on promos and FPC plans
- Graduate or post graduate from a reputed Institution.
- 15+ years of hands-on experience in Strategy / Consumer research & Insights/ Media Planning
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Robust presentation skills to help sell the strategy to all stake holders
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills. Strategic Planning and multi-tasking skills to achieve business objectives, as well as a keen marketing sense to maximize resonance with target audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, self-start and contribute
- Understand Malayalam language (preferable, not mandatory)
- Challenger attitude while being a lead.
- Seamless collaborator & Good communication ability.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.