STAR D-ASSIST APP
Terms and Conditions
Disney Broadcasting (India) Private Limited, Star India Private Limited and its affiliates (hereinafter referred to as “the Company”) is providing D-Assist (website and mobile application) (“ Site”) for use only by its employees, authorized contract workers, partners, vendors, or authorised visitors as applicable [“ Employee(s)”] only to perform inter alia the below activities (“Services”):
· Site will function as a one-stop solution for Employees to book workstations, meeting rooms for vising office
· Site when used on mobile phones can be used by Company’s employees for gaining access to office premises.
· Company employees can also invite visitors through the site.
·Company employee can raise service request and also get quick access to contact detail of emergency / medical services
Company grants Employee a non-exclusive limited license to use the Services on the Site for personal, non-commercial purposes as set forth in these Terms and Conditions.
By agreeing to use/avail the Services:
1. Employee confirms and warrants that all the data and information provided by Employee on the Site or otherwise provided to the Company is true, current, complete and accurate in all respects.
4. Employee agrees that Company has the right to temporarily suspend access to the whole or any part of the Services for any technical/operational reason. Company may, but shall not be obliged to, give Employee as much notice of any interruption of access to the Services as is reasonably practicable. Company will restore access to the Services as soon as reasonably practicable after temporary suspension.
5. Employee agrees that Company shall be under no liability whatsoever to the Employee in the event of non-availability of the Site or any portion thereof occasioned by Act of God, war, disease, revolution, riot, civil commotion, strike, lockout, flood, fire, satellite failure, failure of any public utility, man-made disaster, satellite failure or any other cause whatsoever beyond the control of Company.
6. Employee agrees that the Company shall not be responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment or software due to technical problems or traffic congestion on the Site or due to use of any of the Services, including any injury or damage to the user(s)’ or to any person(s)’ computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading materials in connection with the Services.
7. Employee acknowledges and agrees not to either directly or through the use of any device, software, internet site, web-based service, or other means remove, alter, bypass, avoid, interfere with, or circumvent any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary notices marked on the Site content or any digital rights management mechanism, device, or other content protection or access control measure associated with the Site content including geo-filtering mechanisms. Further, Employee agrees not to either directly or through the use of any device, software, internet site, web-based service, or other means copy, download, capture, reproduce, duplicate, archive, distribute, upload, publish, modify, translate, broadcast, perform, display, sell, transmit or retransmit the Site content or create any derivative work and/or material based on the Site content.
8. Employee agrees that the Company owns and retains all rights under the Services. Employee further agrees that the Site content they access and view as part of the Services is owned or controlled by the Company and or its licensors. The Services and the Site content are protected by copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property laws.
9. Employees are responsible for the security and proper use of their unique user ID and password that they enter while registering on the Site and must take all necessary steps to ensure that they are kept confidential, used properly, and not disclosed to unauthorized people.
10. Employees agree that its use of the Services and the Site content may give them the opportunity to view, publish, transmit, submit posts and/or comment in accordance with these Term of Use. Employee agrees and undertakes that he/she/they will not misuse the Site content he/she/they access and view as part of the Service, including without limitation, download the Site content by illegal/non-permitted means, or infringe any of the Company’s copyright, trademark and other intellectual property including any rights of the Company or its licensors subsisting in the Site content. Employee further agrees that he/she/they will not copy/record any of the Site content he/she/they access and view as part of the Service, for any purpose, and/or copy/record any Site content including video, images etc, by using any means including software, spyware, etc, for any purpose whatsoever.
11. Employee further agrees that he/she/they will not post, publish, transfer, upload, transmit or submit any of the Site content, including without limitation videos, images, comments, User material (defined below) or articles, of the Site on any other website, webpage or software which is not owned by the Company.
12. In case the Site allows Employee to download or stream any of the Site contents therein, Employee agrees that it will not use, sell, transfer or transmit the Site content to any person or upload the Site content on any other website, webpage or software, which may violate/cause damages or injuries to any rights of the Company or its affiliates or any third-party including privacy rights, publicity rights, and intellectual property rights.
13. Employee agrees that the trademarks, logos and service marks shown on this site are registered trademarks of their respective owners. Nothing in Employee’s use of the Site shall be interpreted as granting any license or right to use any image, trademark, logo or service mark made available on the Site.
14. Employee agrees that it shall assume the entire risk with respect to the user, results of such use, in terms of accuracy, reliability, performance, completeness, comprehensiveness, correctness, functionality, performance, continuity, timeliness of the information, data or any content available on the Site.
15. Employee waives its right to any claim based on the detrimental effects or results of any reliance placed by the user on any information or data available on the Site.
16. The development of the Site with respect to the nature of the information or data available on the Site is a continuous and on-going process. The Company disclaims any and all liability and/or responsibility for loss of any information or data, or any consequence, intended or unintended, due to the operation of the Site. The Company does not assume or purport to assume any responsibility or liability to Employee for any failure or inability to access or use the Site for any purpose. Published information, statistics or data available on the Site may not be current or upto date for any purpose.
17. The Company shall not be responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment or software due to technical problems or traffic congestion on the Site or due to use of any of the Services, including any injury or damage to the user(s)’ or to any person(s)’ computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading materials in connection with the Services.
Employee may have an opportunity to publish, transmit, submit, or otherwise post details (collectively, "Post"), only reviews or provide comments (collectively, "User Material").
Employee agrees that the Company shall have the right but have no obligation, to monitor User Material and to restrict or remove User Material that the Company may determine, in its sole discretion, is inappropriate or for any other business reason. Employee must adhere to the below terms and conditions and not host, display, upload, modify, publish, transmit, update or share any information that:
(a) belongs to another person and to which Employee do not have any right to;
(b) is grossly harmful, harassing, blasphemous defamatory, obscene, pornographic, libellous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically objectionable, disparaging, relating or encouraging money laundering or gambling, or otherwise unlawful in any manner whatever;
(c) harm minors in any way;
(d) infringes any patent, trademark, copyright or other proprietary rights;
(e) violates any law for the time being in force;
(f) deceives or misleads the addressee about the origin of such messages or communicates any information which is grossly offensive or menacing in nature;
(g) impersonate another person;
(h) contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer resource;
(i) threatens the unity, integrity, defense, security or sovereignty of India, friendly relations with foreign states, or public order or causes incitement to the commission of any cognizable offence or prevents investigation of any offence or is insulting any other nation. Employee also represent and warrant that the Posting of its User Material does not violate any right of any party, including privacy rights, publicity rights, and intellectual property rights.
Employees acknowledge that the Company does not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to any User Material.
By Posting the User Material, Employee hereby grants the Company a license to use, display, reproduce, distribute, modify, delete from, add to, prepare derivative works of, publicly perform, and publish such User Material worldwide, including on or through any Property, in perpetuity, in any media formats and any media channels now known or hereinafter created. The license Employee grant to the Company is non-exclusive, royalty-free, and sub licensable.
In no event does the Company assume any responsibility or liability whatsoever for any User Material, and Employee agrees to waive any legal or equitable rights or remedies Employee may have against the Company with respect to such User Material.
If Employee has any complaints pertaining to any User Material uploaded on the Site, then they can contact mailto:email@example.com
Employee email, which must bear its digital signature, or a signed written complaint should include the following information:
i. Details of the objectionable Post;
ii. Details of the basis of the objection.
iii. Other relevant information required by the Company to assess the complaint.
All information provide on this Site is confidential and shall only be used for the said Services if authorized. Employees will not misuse the information they access on this Site, including without limitation, copying or sharing the information for any unauthorized purpose by any means. Any misuse of this information shall result in disciplinary action or any legal action that the Company may deem fit.
Employee’s unique user ID and password for accessing this Site are personal to the respective Employee and confidential. Employees are responsible for the security and proper use of their unique ID and password that they enter while using the Site and must take all necessary steps to ensure that they are kept confidential, used properly, and not disclosed to unauthorized people.
In case of any queries, please contact IT security team at