(I) Principal Rules
1. The Contest will be conducted from 13th Jan 2020 until 17th Jan 2020 (both days inclusive) (“ Contest Period”) or such other date as may be decided by STAR at its sole discretion and announced by STAR on the Network Handle and/or on the Channels and/or such other pages or accounts owned/operated by STAR on various social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
2. The Contest is a game of knowledge and skill whereby the Participants would have to provide an answer(“Question”) posted by STAR on the Network Handle prior to or on the Contest Day. An official announcement shall be made on the Network Handle and/or on the Channels inviting Facebook/ Twitter users to answer the Question posted by STAR on its Network Handle on the Contest Day. Facebook users can respond to the post containing the Question on Facebook/ Twitter during the Contest Period, containing their respective answers to Question announced on the Channels in the manner as prescribed below. Any person who wishes to participate in the Contest (“Participant”) shall fulfill all the following requirements:
(a) All Participants must be valid users of Facebook/Twitter, as applicable, shall be at least eighteen (18) years of age and must be residing in India.
(b) Each Participant is required to visit the Network Handle and “like” and “follow” the Network Handle.
(c) The Participant should submit their entry containing their answers to the Questions in the form of a comment posted through the Participant’s Facebook/Twitter account in response to the post containing the Question on the Network Handle (“Entry”). Each Entry: (1) should contain the pre-decided hash-tag for the Contest, i.e. #WhereHeartMeetsMind; (2) should be submitted within the Contest Period and in any case must be before 11:59 PM Indian Standard Time on 17th Jan 2020; (3) should answer the relevant Question contextually. In response to the Question, Participants must state what he/she is looking forward to the most in the upcoming 2019/20 season of the Bundesliga.
(d) Any Entry which does not contain the above elements mentioned in this clause 2 of the Principal Rules shall not be considered a valid Entry and shall be deemed null and void without requirement of any intimation by STAR.
3. The editorial team of DFL shall select 10 winners from amongst all those Participants who have submitted Entries containing, in the their opinion, the most contextually relevant answers to the Question (“Winners”). Winners shall be selected on the basis of the relevance of their Entries or any other criteria as the editorial team shall deem fit as per its sole discretion. DFL’s decision in this regard and for all other matters relating to the Contest shall be final and binding upon the Participant(s). Winners will be announced by STAR on the Channels and/or on the Network Handle.
4. Each Winner would be awarded a prize (“Prize”). The Prize shall be a piece of Bundesliga merchandise. The Prize must be claimed in response to messages or telephone calls made to the Winners subject to submission of requisite proof of identity, if requested by STAR. Any and all taxes and/or levies applicable under the laws of India and any incidental costs direct and/or indirect, in relation to Prize shall be borne by the respective Winners. Neither DFL nor STAR nor any of STAR’s group companies shall be responsible or liable for any technical disruption, failure and/or any other difficulties of such nature, due to which the Winner(s) is unable to claim the Prize from STAR.
5. DFL and STAR reserve the right to forfeit a Prize in the event it is found by DFL and/or STAR and they have a reason to believe that any information provided by the Participant/Winner(s) is wrong, fraudulent or any misrepresentation is made by the Participant/Winner. DFL shall have the right to declare any other Participant(s) as the Winner(s) of the Contest, at its discretion and transfer Prize(s) to such other Participants. All Prizes are provided on an as-is where-is basis without assurances or warranties of any kind. Neither DFL nor STAR nor STAR’s group companies nor their employees provide any assurances or guarantees regarding Prizes, including quality, merchantability or fitness for purpose. The Winner(s) agree not to hold DFL, STAR and/or STAR’s group companies and/or their respective employees responsible for any delay in receiving Prizes or any inability to enjoy Prize(s) due to any failure by organisers of the Prize, or any of their agents, or otherwise for any other problem in relation to a Prize. It is clarified that DFL, STAR and/or any of STAR’s group companies shall not be responsible for the brand, quality, value etc. in relation to a Prize and the supplier/ manufacturer shall be solely responsible for the same. DFL, STAR and/or any of STAR’s group companies shall not be held liable for any failure, inaccuracy, and/or any other defect or deficiency in the Contest. Neither DFL nor STAR nor STAR’s group companies shall be liable for any delays or failures in any notifications, or the Contest in general.
6. For the avoidance of doubt, since the editorial team of DFL shall determine the Winners, all grievances of Participants in relation to the declaration of the Winners shall be addressed solely to DFL. STAR shall not be liable in any manner whatsoever in relation to the selection of the Winners and will merely declare the Winners selected by the editorial team of DFL on the Network Handle and/or the Channels.
7. The Winner agrees that the Prize cannot be transferred, negotiated, refunded or exchanged. It is clarified that no other gratification, cash equivalent of the Prize or alternative prize will be awarded to the Winner(s) and the Winner(s) cannot exchange the Prize for cash or a gift of similar value. The Contest or the Prize(s) cannot be combined with any other contest or activity. It is clarified that STAR has no obligation to record the act of collection of the Prize(s) or incorporate it in the telecast of the Matches or otherwise mention it on the Channels. If the Winner(s) refuses to accept the Prize awarded, STAR and/or its group companies shall be released from all obligations towards the Winner(s) in connection to the same or otherwise.
8. All Entries must be received before 11:59 PM Indian Standard Time on the last day of the Contest Period. Entries received after the aforementioned time will not be considered for the Contest and shall be deemed null and void without requirement of any further intimation by STAR and/or DFL.
9. STAR and/or its group companies shall not be responsible in the event that Entries are not received or the Participant(s) is unable to submit his/her Entry on Facebook in the Contest due to any network problem, breakdown in machinery or any other technical error of any nature whatsoever. For purposes of these Terms and Conditions, “receipt” of an Entry occurs when the website server records the Entry information upon the Participant clicking “Submit/Post” button. Any automated receipt confirmation does not constitute proof of actual receipt. For the avoidance of doubt, by submitting the Entry the Participant(s) is representing that the Entry or contents thereof are not confidential or comprise any sensitive personal information.
10. The Participant(s) shall ensure that the Entry being submitted by them is decent and is not immoral, defamatory, abusive, offensive, insensitive, libellous or blasphemous to any person, community, caste, religious sect or section of the society, etc. The Participant(s) further represents and warrants that the Entry being submitted by him/her shall be original and shall not infringe upon and/or contain any material that will infringe upon any third party rights including rights in intellectual property. STAR reserves the right to remove or disqualify any Entries that do not meet these criteria.
11. STAR reserves the right to change the Entry system/mechanism and/or cease accepting Entries for the Contest before the stipulated deadline for any reason or take any other steps in relation to the Contest as it may deem fit in its sole and absolute discretion and it need not notify the Participant(s) who have already submitted their Entry(ies) about the same.
12. STAR reserves the right to disqualify any Participant(s) from participating in the Contest without assigning any reason. STAR reserves the absolute right and discretion to reject any Entry or any part thereof at any stage of the Contest, including after declaring the winning Entry, if STAR: (a) receives any notice or complaint relating to the Entry not being compliant of the Terms and Conditions including alleged to be infringing any form of rights including rights in any form of intellectual property of any third party; or (b) determines at its sole discretion that the Entry inter alia:, (i) belongs to another person and in which the Participant does not have any rights; (ii) is blasphemous, indecent, immoral, abusive, offensive, against the applicable laws or libelous and/or is contrary to any law in force; (iii) is grossly harmful, harassing, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, pedophilic, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically objectionable, disparaging, relating or encouraging money laundering or gambling, or otherwise unlawful in any manner whatever; (iv) harm minors in any way; (v) infringes any patent, trademark, copyright or other proprietary rights; (vi) violates any law for the time being in force; (vii) deceives or misleads the addressee about the origin of such messages or communicates any information which is grossly offensive or menacing in nature; (viii) impersonates another person; (ix) contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer resource; or (x) threatens the unity, integrity, defense, security or sovereignty of India, friendly relations with foreign states, or public order or causes incitement to the commission of any cognizable offence or prevents investigation of any offence or is insulting any other nation. The decision of STAR in this regard shall be final and binding upon the Participant(s).
13. STAR reserves the right to select and declare the Winners of the Contest and such decision shall be final and binding on the Participant(s) and Winner(s). STAR shall select the winning Entries in accordance with applicable parameters, and the Winners may be declared by STAR through the Network Handle and/or any other means announced by STAR.
14. The Winners shall be required to submit necessary supporting documentation to establish identity and compliance with these Terms and Conditions and any applicable laws within timelines specified by STAR to be eligible for any gratification. In the event any person fails to adhere to the instructions, then his/her selection shall be invalidated. In such a case, (a) STAR and/or its group companies shall not be liable in any manner whatsoever and (b) STAR may, at its sole discretion, by the prescribed selection criteria choose other Winners instead.
15. The Participant(s)/Winner(s) agrees and consents to the use of the Entry and/or any part thereof by STAR or its affiliates as it may deem fit for the purpose of promotion of STAR and/or its group companies and/or any programs on any channels owned or operated by STAR or any of its group companies (the “Network”). In consideration of the participation in the Contest, the Participant(s)/Winner(s) hereby irrevocably, exclusively, perpetually and for the entire universe assigns all rights, titles and interests in the Entry including any rights of Exploitation thereof, to STAR, during or pursuant to the Contest. “Exploitation/Exploit” shall mean the exploitation of the Entry and/or any part thereof including along with its cognate forms and grammatical variations, and includes the exploitation, use, alteration, broadcast, rebroadcast, communication, encryption, transmission, translation, adaptation, publication, cutting, editing, and packaging of the Intellectual Property vested in the Entry or any part thereof, either in whole or in part, in any form/format or language, as well as the conversion of the Entry and/or any part thereof from one form/format to another and in relation to the Entry and/or any part thereof, for incorporation in a Cinematograph Film or Sound Recording, Communication to the Public, Broadcast, Performance in Public, adaptation, reprography, reproduction, distribution, sale, commercial rental, assignment, licensing, merchandising rights, remakes, sequels, prequels, versions, translations, dubbing and/or subtitling in any all languages/dialects in the world, converting the Entry in to a film for theatrical exploitation, including but not limited to the broadcasting thereof by any form of radio, internet and any and all form of television including but not limited to terrestrial, satellite, direct to home, cable, IPTV, any form of video on demand (including but not limited to Pay-per-View, NVOD, SVOD, PVOD, FVOD made available for being seen or heard or delivered or Exploited through wire or wireless including but not limited to internet, websites including but not limited to social networking websites, blogs, internet or mobile streaming or download services (whether free, pay or subscription based) computing and networking devices, mobile /telecommunication system based platforms, mobile TV, theatrical or non-theatrical or any other means whether now known or existing or in commercial use or hereinafter invented or developed in the future in and to the Intellectual Property and all elements thereof. The capitalized terms ‘Broadcast’, ‘Communication to the Public’, ‘Cinematograph Film’, ‘Performance /Perform in Public’, ‘Sound Recording’, ‘Visual Recording’ shall have the same meanings as defined in the Indian Copyright Act, 1957 as amended from time to time and all analogous rights subsisting under the laws of each and every jurisdiction throughout the world. To the extent that the assignment of all rights, title and interest in the Entry and/or any part thereof if any subsisting in favor of the Participant(s)/Winner(s), in relation to future medium or mode of exploitation of the Entry and/or any part thereof is not held valid by operation of law, Participant(s)/Winner(s) hereby grants an irrevocable, exclusive, sub-licensable, perpetual right to STAR and its affiliates for such future medium or mode of exploitation of the Entry and/or any part thereof as may be developed in the future, for the entire world. Notwithstanding the above, the Participant(s)/Winner(s) hereby agrees that the Participant(s)/Winner(s) shall not assign or in any other manner transfer the Entry including and/or any part thereof for such means and modes of Exploitation of the Entry and/or any part thereof, which are not mentioned herein and are not presently known or in commercial use and therefore by operation of law are not deemed to have been assigned to STAR without offering for assignment such modes or means of Exploitation of the Entry and/or any part thereof for the entire world and perpetuity to STAR. The Participant(s)/Winner(s), agrees and acknowledges that any form of assignment or transfer of any rights, title and interest in any such future modes and mean of Exploitation of the Entry and/or any part thereof to any third party in breach of the such obligation herein, anywhere in the world shall be null and void. Further, STAR may exploit the Entry and/or any part thereof at any time it chooses, and it is expressly agreed by the parties that Section 19(4) of the Indian Copyright Act, 1957 does not apply to this Agreement. The Participant(s)/Winner(s) waves off his “Moral Rights” with respect to the Entry and/or any part thereof as required. The Winner(s) shall do all acts and execute all documents in such manner and at such location as may be required by STAR in its sole and absolute discretion to protect, perfect or enforce any of the rights granted or confirmed to STAR herein.
(II) GENERAL RULES:
1. The Participant(s)/Winner(s) must be above the age of 18 years and must be residing within the territorial limits of India.. The Participant(s)/Winner(s) should not have any criminal conviction or an arrangement or a contract that prevents the Participant(s)/Winner(s) from participating in the Contest. Proof of age, if requested, of the Participant(s), Winner(s), in the Entry must be submitted to STAR (i.e., Birth Certificate, 10th Class leaving Certificate/ School certificate/ passport/ an affidavit signed by a magistrate) as may be required by STAR to confirm the eligibility of the Participant(s)/Winner(s).
2. Participant(s)/Winner(s) shall provide such information as may be required by STAR from time to time. Any incomplete submission will be considered invalid for the purpose of the Contest. STAR also reserves the right to disqualify a Participant(s) in case a discrepancy is found to exist in the information furnished/provided/stated by the Participant at any point in time.
3. STAR reserves all rights to make amendments to the existing Terms and Conditions or withdraw, vary, amend or terminate the Contest, without giving prior notice or reason. It shall be the sole responsibility of the Participant(s) to check the rules and regulations of the Contest on http://www.startv.com/contesttnc.htm. Non-conformance by the Participant(s) to any the Terms and Conditions will make such Participant’s Entry/ies null and void.
4. The Participant/Winner acknowledges that in case the conduct of the Contest cannot be fulfilled due to any reason, including reasons beyond the control of STAR such as war, industrial action, flood or any act of God, then STAR shall not have any liability in this connection.
5. STAR and/or its group companies are in no manner whatsoever responsible and/or shall not be held liable in any manner whatsoever, for any physical injury, death, mental and/or emotional trauma caused to the Participant in any manner whatsoever, in connection to the Contest.
6. The Winner(s)/ Participant (s) shall hold harmless and indemnify STAR, its affiliates, its group companies, their employees, officers, directors and/or any other person from and against any suits, actions, proceedings, causes of action, litigation, injury, damage, harm, loss, damage, liability, award, costs or expenses that may arise in connection with any act of the Participant(s)/Winner(s) and/or Entry including any third party rights claims with respect to the material submitted by the Participant(s)/Winner(s).
7. The Participant(s) and/or the Winner(s) shall not in any circumstances make any claims against STAR or its group companies, arising out of or relating to any and all costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including, without limitation due to any technical faults (directly or indirectly), to the Participant(s) and/or the Winner(s) participation or non-participation in the Contest or any related activity. If any Participant or Winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Terms and Conditions, the corresponding entries will be disqualified. STAR shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, consequential, special, exemplary or punitive damages or losses in connection with this Contest.
8. Employees of and/ or consultants of STAR and/or persons hired on contract by STAR, the sponsor, and the members of their immediate family, are ineligible to participate in the Contest.
10. The Participant(s)/Winner(s) of the Contest agrees that if so required by STAR, he/she shall make himself/herself available from time to time and co-operate with STAR and participate in any activity and/or campaign (" Promotional Activity") of any nature and on any platform whatsoever without any money payable to the Participant(s)/Winner(s). Further, the Participant(s)/Winner(s) shall at no point of time refuse or disagree to participate in any such Promotional Activity for any reason whatsoever and shall not do any act either directly or indirectly during such Promotional Activity which may bring STAR or any of its group companies into public disrepute or denigrate any of the preceding, or offend any community or public morals. In all public appearances the Participant/Winner shall use her/his judgment in general demeanor and choice of language to create an atmosphere which would be conducive to the services and/or promotion of the Network and/or any channel on the Network. The Participant(s)/ Winner(s) agrees that the footage/ picture/ photograph of the Participant(s)/ Winner(s) used during the course of the Contest or for the purpose of the Contest shall vest with STAR, including but not limited to all intellectual property rights and any other rights for worldwide and in perpetuity and STAR may exploit the same in any manner and in any media whatsoever at any time throughout the world whether by itself or through its group companies. The Participant agrees and consents to the use of any text and/or information and/or any photograph and/or image and/or visual recording and/or other components of his or her Entry on any platform as STAR may deem fit for the purpose of promotion of the Network and/or any channels forming part of the Network.
11. These Terms and Conditions shall be construed and governed in accordance with the laws of India and exclusive jurisdiction over all matters arising out of or in relation hereto shall vest in the courts of Delhi, India.