Assistant Vice President - LegalLegal
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYStarStar India has defined the Indian media landscape for over two decades and today is one of the country’s leading media conglomerates, reaching approximately 650 million viewers a month across India and more than 100 other countries. Star generates 20,000 hours of content every year and broadcasts 40+ channels in 8 different languages, reaching 9 out of 10 C&S TV homes in India. The network’s entertainment channel portfolio includes Star Gold, Channel V, Star World, Star Movies, Star Utsav, Life OK, Movies OK and Star Plus, India's No. 1 Hindi General Entertainment Channel. It has a leading presence in regional broadcasting as well, through a bouquet of affiliate channels which includes Star Jalsha, Jalsha Movies, Star Pravah, Asianet, Asianet Plus, Suvarna, Suvarna Plus, Vijay and now Maa. It is also present in the Indian movie production and distribution space through Fox Star Studios, an affiliate joint venture company.
- Contract management / strategy
- Advising and providing strategic inputs to business.
- Demonstrated (hands on experience) subject matter knowledge in structuring, drafting, negotiating and closing high value DTH contracts and transactions; litigation and piracy matters relating to distribution of company channels.
- Building contract and compliance checklist and processes.
- Research and analysis of various policies, amendments, rules, consultation papers, notifications on TRAI interconnection regulations and distribution related matters
- Generally providing proactive and reactive legal & compliance advisory services on legal issues involving the company and group companies
- To identify and find ways to reduce legal risk by regular review of the company’s distribution related activities to ensure that they are in line with established policies, procedures and legal and compliance perspective
- Responding to and Issuance of legal Notices under the Regulatory framework to a key set of DTH Accounts
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.