Lead -Human Resources (Sales)Human Resources
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYStarStar India has defined the Indian media landscape for over two decades and today is one of the country’s leading media conglomerates, reaching approximately 650 million viewers a month across India and more than 100 other countries. Star generates 20,000 hours of content every year and broadcasts 40+ channels in 8 different languages, reaching 9 out of 10 C&S TV homes in India. The network’s entertainment channel portfolio includes Star Gold, Channel V, Star World, Star Movies, Star Utsav, Life OK, Movies OK and Star Plus, India's No. 1 Hindi General Entertainment Channel. It has a leading presence in regional broadcasting as well, through a bouquet of affiliate channels which includes Star Jalsha, Jalsha Movies, Star Pravah, Asianet, Asianet Plus, Suvarna, Suvarna Plus, Vijay and now Maa. It is also present in the Indian movie production and distribution space through Fox Star Studios, an affiliate joint venture company.
Business Partner - Understand the businesses. Serve as a key member of the Leadership team to drive business results. Maintain the highest level of standards and ensure business goals are met in a compliant manner. Drive systemic organizational and people strategies that are aligned to the business strategy. Identify, monitor, analyze and present key metrics to managers, functional leads and business leads. Provide specific decision points with appropriate level of data and recommendations. Become a trusted advisor and a sounding board for the business leader.
Talent Management – Own the talent agenda, and ensure that business has high quality and disruptive talent to support the growth agenda. Participate in the hiring process and make sound hiring decisions for the organization as well as for the Leadership team. Actively promote succession-planning, keeping in mind the overall business strategy. Focus on retention of key talent. Help develop improved marketing solutions for recruiting key talent. Design assessment tools to define competency and readiness gaps for key talent. Drive career development framework and comprehensive approaches to identify, develop, reward and retain key leaders. Raise profile of Technical and Business Leadership team members.
Functional Management - Lead implementation of core HR programs driven by corporate HR into the business ensuring an effective, sustainable people strategy over the long term.
Employee Advocate - Star believes in HR function being an independent function which needs to create a balance between organization and people championship. HR leader is responsible to facilitate an open, inclusive, Star values are based on an environment that enables effective employee advocacy. Ensure that HR is perceived as an objective employee resource and escalation path for unresolved employee relations issues. The HR leader would ensure that the HR team has clear goals and expectations, are developed, work cross-teams - across businesses and develop interpersonally.
Change Agent - Partner with and coach business & functional leadership team to facilitate organization and culture change. Act as a catalyst for building Organizational Effectiveness within the business. Educate business on HR trends that affect the business. Acquire business sponsorship for HR initiatives. Identify challenges with internal Organization culture and suggest possible steps for improvement.
- Ability to influence senior managers, built strong relationships and should have driven an HR strategy
- Must be comfortable working in a chaotic environment
- Ability to establish credibility and build strong working relationships
- Demonstrable maturity, professionalism and gravitas
- Ability to recognize the value and responsibility of working in a team, actively supports and develops team members, quick to identify and problem solve any issues
- Works with others in a collaborative and solutions focused manner to achieve win-win outcomes
- Demonstrate an understanding of personalities and behavioral styles in order to work collaboratively with a variety of people and to make informed decision around resourcing, reporting structures and relationships
- Displays integrity - is sincere in own behavior and in dealings with others
Takes broad interest in the success and development of the company and the Human Resource function as a whole
- Master’s level HR Qualification from a premier institute preferred.
- A minimum of 12-14 years of HR experience (including Sales & Marketing HR) with at least 3 years in a functional leadership capacity working with senior level managers.
- Candidate will possess strong HR generalist capabilities, proven business partner and people management experience in a rapidly growing & changing environment
- Understanding of organizational dynamics and the ability to think strategically are essential
- Strong knowledge of HR functional aspects and ability to apply to organizational issues is required
- Ability to mentor and provide guidance to others within HR and the middle to senior management team on complex business and organizational issues
- The ability to effectively work and communicate at all levels within the organization and commitment to strategic business partnerships and team development are a must
- Must be able to multi-task, deal with ambiguity, constantly adapt to a high-pressure environment, thrive a highly dynamic environment
- Exposure to Sales and the digital eco-system is a big added advantage
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.