Lead Software Developer in Test (SDET)Application Development
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYStarStar India has defined the Indian media landscape for more than 25 years, and today is one of the country’s leading media conglomerates, reaching more than 790 million viewers a month across India and over 100 other countries. Star generates over 30,000 hours of content each year and broadcasts 60+ channels, reaching 9 out of 10 C&S TV homes in India. Its portfolio includes channels offering general entertainment, films, sports, infotainment, kids and lifestyle content across 8 languages (Hindi, English Bengali, Tamil, Kannada, Telugu, Marathi, and Malayalam). Star Plus is India's No. 1 Hindi General Entertainment Channel. Star India is also present in the Indian movie production and distribution space through Fox Star Studios. Star India is making quantum leaps in transforming sports in the country, with 15 sports channels, Star’s is the country’s leading sports network and one that is helping India become a multi-sporting nation. Star is also driving the agenda on digital consumption in India with its digital content platform Hotstar, which is amongst the fastest growing in the world and is increasingly becoming the first port of call for internet adopters in India.
- A sense of ownership towards product quality
- Build test automation infrastructure and automate test cases. Identify the areas of improvements and propose new implementation.
- Ensure tests are running in Continuous Integration (CI) model and moving towards Continuous Delivery (CD) goal
- Engineering dashboards (e.g. JIRA) to provide insights into test cycles
- A sense of urgency in responding to issues
- Be ready to adapt to the changing priorities
- Manage and groom the team
- Identify engineering process bottlenecks and opportunities for improvement.
- Identify and flag risks early and proactively remove blockers to ensure timely execution of product roadmap.
- Familiarity with Linux (Ubuntu) based systems configuration
- Play well with others! Be a great teammate and help maintain our positive culture
- BTech (or related degree) with minimum 4 years of experience in test automation
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Experience in developing automation framework and automated test cases.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of Appium.io(Mobile App Testing) and Selenium(Web App Testing).
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Knowledge and experience with testing a large portfolio of high-traffic sites and applications, including the platform applications that power them.
- Knowledge and experience with load testing tools like LoadRunner and/or JMeter are a plus.
- Experience with Agile methodologies (Scrum) and frequent release cycles is a must.
- Knowledge and experience with CI/CD and source control using tools like Git, Bamboo, and Jenkins are a plus.
- Experience with RSpec framework with Ruby, knowledge of ReactJS and exposure to Python is a plus and preferred.
- Knowledge of front-end (JS) testing framework like Jest and Enzyme is a plus and preferred
- Strong understanding of cloud-based application deployments and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of source control management, coding standards, code reviews, build processes
- Be motivated, detail-oriented, have the ability to thrive in a team environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to present technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.