Data ScientistData Sciences
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYStarStar India has defined the Indian media landscape for more than 25 years, and today is one of the country’s leading media conglomerates, reaching more than 790 million viewers a month across India and over 100 other countries. Star generates over 30,000 hours of content each year and broadcasts 60+ channels, reaching 9 out of 10 C&S TV homes in India. Its portfolio includes channels offering general entertainment, films, sports, infotainment, kids and lifestyle content across 8 languages (Hindi, English Bengali, Tamil, Kannada, Telugu, Marathi, and Malayalam). Star Plus is India's No. 1 Hindi General Entertainment Channel. Star India is also present in the Indian movie production and distribution space through Fox Star Studios. Star India is making quantum leaps in transforming sports in the country, with 15 sports channels, Star’s is the country’s leading sports network and one that is helping India become a multi-sporting nation. Star is also driving the agenda on digital consumption in India with its digital content platform Hotstar, which is amongst the fastest growing in the world and is increasingly becoming the first port of call for internet adopters in India.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Using techniques from supervised and unsupervised machine learning, statistical analysis and predictive modelling to deliver business insights to business units based on data
- Working directly with internal customers to educate them on “moving beyond BI” and training their internal resources to execute advanced forms of analytics
- Creating reusable implementations of statistical tests and models using cutting edge technologies
- Working with the academic and business community to develop new techniques and to contribute to research in the area of advanced analytics in media
- Assisting in engagement management, requirements definition, project scoping, timeline management, and results documentation to ensure professional relationship management
PERFORMANCE MEASURES :
- As per role KPIs
- 2-8 Years plus post qualification
- Degree in computer science with a machine learning focus (other technical degrees also accepted e.g. applied mathematics, statistics, physics, operations research). PhD will be desirable.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS :
- Advanced knowledge of statistical and machine learning methods, particularly in the areas of modelling and business analytics
- Strong programming skills
- Experience with statistical languages and packages, such as R, SAS, Mat-Lab, and/or Mahout
- Experience working with relational databases and/or distributed computing platforms, and their query interfaces, such as SQL, MapReduce and Hive.
- Experience with additional programming languages, such as Python, Java, and C/C++.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, with a proven ability to translate complex methodologies and analytical results to higher-level business insights and key take-away
- A proven passion for generating insights from data, with a strong familiarity with the higher-level trends in data growth, open-source platforms, and public data sets.
- Experience working hands-on with large-scale data sets
- Familiarity with visualization software and techniques (including Tableau), and business intelligence (BI) software, such as Micro-strategy, Cognos, Pentaho, etc.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES :
- Creative, gritty, driven by curiosity and comfortable with failure
- Strong Data intuition: Talent to identify and visualize patterns
- Multi Modal Communication skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.