Assistant Manager/ Senior Executive -PayrollPayroll
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYStarStar India has defined the Indian media landscape for more than 30 years, and today is one of the country’s leading media conglomerates, reaching around 700 million viewers a month on TV across India and over 100 other countries. Star India’s channel portfolio cuts across general entertainment, films, sports, infotainment, kids, and lifestyle content across eight languages. The network generates over 20,000 hours of content every year and broadcasts 70+ channels, reaching 9 out of 10 C&S TV homes in India. The Star Sports network is one of the leading sports networks with 17 channels in its bouquet. It is home to a number of leading domestic and international sports and is making quantum leaps in transforming sports in the country, helping India become a multi-sporting nation. Disney+ Hotstar, India’s largest premium streaming platform has changed the way Indians watch their entertainment - from their favourite TV shows and movies to sporting extravaganzas. With the widest range of content in India, Disney+ Hotstar offers more than 100,000 hours of TV Shows and Movies in 8 languages, regional and national News, and coverage of every major global sporting event, including the IPL. The company is present in the Indian movie production and distribution space through Fox Star Studios. The studios is also responsible for the marketing and distribution of its Hollywood slate in the country. For more details visit us at http://www.startv.com/
The Opportunity & Responsibilities:
Some of the key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support APAC Payrolls from a centralised Time & Payroll (T&P) HUB
- To process payroll ensuring employees receive accurate remuneration on the published pay dates, thereby ensuring that the Company meets its contractual obligations.
- Co-ordinate relationship between third party payroll providers and Disney internal partners to ensure timely and accurate payroll process.
- To ensure that the Company meets all statutory, payroll related obligations for the legal entities supported
- To ensure that all fixed and variable payroll related data is captured from multiple sources and flows into Payroll vendor systems via upload template process, e.g. starters, leavers, variable pay etc.
- Co-ordinate relationship between third party payroll providers and Disney to ensure timely and accurate payroll process. Escalate issues to Payroll Management
- Gather payroll information, e.g process flows, SOP, policies and procedures from in scope legal entities to facilitate payroll knowledge transfer to T&P HUB
- Assist in collecting company historical employees’ data and information collection from the current Company payroll systems or the current payroll services provider
- Process all tax forms and tax related input into Payroll vendor system in a timely manner.
- Approve monthly, quarterly, annual and other periodicity reports to the management of the Company, local authorities and other recipients
- To resolve all assigned payroll related queries from employees and legal entity stakeholders in a professional and timely manner or escalate where appropriate.
- To resolve legal entity concerns about the payroll process provided by the payroll provider
The Experience We Require From You:
- Experience with multiple payroll vendors and vendor management
- Hands on Experience in SEA, South Korea & Taiwan Payroll.
- Proficiency in local language would be an added advantage
- Previously processed high volume (3000+) payrolls in a comparable organisation.
- Proven experience of reviewing and developing payroll procedures and policies.
- Experience of dealing with expenses and benefits and has a good working knowledge of employee taxes.
- EY or Neeyamo Payroll vendor processing experience.
- SAP & WD knowledge preferred.
- Part Payroll qualification preferred but not essential, with a desire in exploring a career in payroll High attention to detail with good analytical and numeracy skills.
- High degree of PC literacy with advanced Excel (Pivots and VLookups).
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to be a diverse workforce that is representative of our audiences, and where all can thrive and belong. We are committed to building a team that includes and respects a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.