Senior Executive - Standards & PracticesStandards & Practices
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYDisney+ HotstarDisney+ Hotstar, part of Disney Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED), is one of the largest premium streaming and mobile entertainment platforms with more than 150,000 hours of drama and movies in 9 languages, and coverage of every major global sporting event. Hotstar has launched its premium service DisneyPlus Hotstar in India, Indonesia, and Hotstar in UK, US, Canada, etc. It is still expanding its footprint to more international markets. We are going to unleash a vast catalog of new and classic movies and shows to stream, boasting nearly 500 movies and 7,500 TV episodes from Star Wars, Marvel, Pixar, National Geographic and Disney's eponymous studios in SEA market and beyond. Disney+ Hotstar accounts for roughly 30% of Disney+’s subscriber base so far — which roughly translates to 26 million as of Q4, 2020. and 350 million followers on the back of a highly evolved video streaming technology and high attention to quality of experience across devices and platforms. Hotstar has appropriated top spots on the Google Play Store as well as the Apple App Store, and been named among the most popular apps of 2017 on both platforms. Live sports in particular has seen a huge surge with over 25 millions concurrent viewerships and generating 10 billion click stream messages daily for a single live event on Hotstar, especially as audiences turn to mobile as the primary screen for cricket updates and streaming. This is the largest on the Akamai platform for any live sporting event in the world and the largest for any single event online by a broadcaster. Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) brings together the Company’s best-in-class product, technology, and commercialization teams together into one global organization. DMED is responsible for the P&L management and all distribution, network and engineering operations, sales, advertising, data, and certain key technology functions worldwide for the Company’s content engines. DMED also manages operations of the Company’s streaming services including Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+ and Disney+ Hotstar; and domestic broadcast and cable television networks. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
- Review of long & short format Hindi language original content from a content compliance perspective.
- Pre-empt identification of violation of compliance code, internal policy, brand values, government and regulatory policy and potential legal violations.
- Protect the brand’s interest by flagging potential risk of defamation, copyright/ trademark among others in advance.
- Day to day co-coordination with content, marketing and ops teams for approval of content & promotions.
- Study and develop a thorough knowledge of Indian regulatory landscape with a focus on digital content compliance.
- 2-3 years
Professional background: Candidates with existing S&P backgrounds preferred. Can explore profiles from another OTT content provider. Secondary preference to candidates from content production/ programming/ writing/ research/editing/marketing/creative development backgrounds.
Education: Bachelors or master’s degree in Media/ History/ Social sciences/ Literature/ Law/ Languages or any other related field.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Advanced command on Hindi & English language. Native speakers preferred. High proficiency in verbal/ written language required.
- Excellent general knowledge and knowhow of Indian and global political, religious and socio-cultural topics.
- Knowledge of local customs, communities and sensitivity towards social/ human issues.
- Genuine penchant for OTT content (webseries, movies, short forms) pro consumer of OTT platforms and content on social media.
- Exposure to Hindi/English language content on TV and OTT platforms. Big content consumer.
- Should be well-aware of current news and affairs.
- Good presentation and communication skills.
- Should have an eye for detail, be organized & self-motivated.
- Should be high on personal accountability and take charge of tasks at hand.
- Should have solution orientation and good interpersonal skills
- Should be able to work through demanding publishing timelines.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.