Senior Vice President-MarketingMarketing
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYStarStar India has defined the Indian media landscape for more than 30 years, and today is one of the country’s leading media conglomerates, reaching around 700 million viewers a month on TV across India and over 100 other countries. Star India’s channel portfolio cuts across general entertainment, films, sports, infotainment, kids, and lifestyle content across eight languages. The network generates over 20,000 hours of content every year and broadcasts 70+ channels, reaching 9 out of 10 C&S TV homes in India. The Star Sports network is one of the leading sports networks with 17 channels in its bouquet. It is home to a number of leading domestic and international sports and is making quantum leaps in transforming sports in the country, helping India become a multi-sporting nation. Disney+ Hotstar, India’s largest premium streaming platform has changed the way Indians watch their entertainment - from their favourite TV shows and movies to sporting extravaganzas. With the widest range of content in India, Disney+ Hotstar offers more than 100,000 hours of TV Shows and Movies in 8 languages, regional and national News, and coverage of every major global sporting event, including the IPL. The company is present in the Indian movie production and distribution space through Fox Star Studios. The studios is also responsible for the marketing and distribution of its Hollywood slate in the country. For more details visit us at http://www.startv.com/
The incumbent would be responsible for viewership delivery (awareness, intention to watch) for different Sport properties through the year via disruptive and memorable communication and marketing plans.
- Lead different brand teams and marketing insights team to interpret data and consumer insights from previous campaigns and create marketing strategy that enables us to deepen our engagement with viewers.
- Translating insights into effective product, media and communication plans
- Leading diverse and multi-functional project teams to manage the end to end delivery of marketing plans for the different properties in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Owning and managing the marketing budgets
- Providing inputs to the leadership team at Organization level as well Leaders within Star Sports
- Inspire and develop next line of leaders and managers across the levels
Incumbent would be working closely with:
- Product Team
- Acquisition team
- Sports federations and Government bodies
External partners: Advertising agencies, media planners and media partners (Radio/Print/TV channels), research agencies, activation agencies, social and digital agencies, production houses/partners, Bollywood studios
- Delivering the viewership targets
- Ideation and innovation
- Cross functional collaboration
- MBA (preferably from premium B School)
- 15 to 20 years of experience in Marketing with at least 5 years in Brand Marketing.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Proven ability to develop brand and marketing strategies
- Ability for leading the execution in a multi project, multi stakeholder fast paced environment
- Experience in identifying target audiences and devising effective campaigns at PAN India level
- Should have led large multi-functional teams
- Data and Insights Driven decision making.
- Avid Sports enthusiast
Disposition to develop team members to take up higher responsibility
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.