Assistant Manager-Consumer Strategy and InnovationConsumer Strategy & Innovation
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYStarStar India has defined the Indian media landscape for more than 30 years, and today is one of the country’s leading media conglomerates, reaching around 700 million viewers a month on TV across India and over 100 other countries. Star India’s channel portfolio cuts across general entertainment, films, sports, infotainment, kids, and lifestyle content across eight languages. The network generates over 20,000 hours of content every year and broadcasts 70+ channels, reaching 9 out of 10 C&S TV homes in India. The Star Sports network is one of the leading sports networks with 17 channels in its bouquet. It is home to a number of leading domestic and international sports and is making quantum leaps in transforming sports in the country, helping India become a multi-sporting nation. Disney+ Hotstar, India’s largest premium streaming platform has changed the way Indians watch their entertainment - from their favourite TV shows and movies to sporting extravaganzas. With the widest range of content in India, Disney+ Hotstar offers more than 100,000 hours of TV Shows and Movies in 8 languages, regional and national News, and coverage of every major global sporting event, including the IPL. The company is present in the Indian movie production and distribution space through Fox Star Studios. The studios is also responsible for the marketing and distribution of its Hollywood slate in the country. For more details visit us at http://www.startv.com/
CONTEXT We’re rapidly moving into a world defined by big data. Technology is changing the world of entertainment. Audiences are not just spectators but opinion builders. Digital space buzzes with millions of conversations reflecting the changing behaviors, hopes, fears, anxieties, aspirations. Our viewers talk about our content, product, platform, stories, characters. These conversations are treasure trove of rich consumer insights. These insights supplemented with other sources of information- viewership, consumption, secondary, primary together is the key to unlock the future. So, if you’re passionate about business strategy, enjoy problem solving, undeterred by complexity and have an analytical bent of mind, you want to be a part of the CSI practice.
- Data Analytics: Develop in-depth understanding of consumer and content using social listening tools, platforms, viewership & consumption data
- Consumer Strategy: Work with vast quantities of unstructured data, apply analytical lens and unearth relevant insights and recommendations to solve business problems for India and global markets
- Content Curation: Analyze, identify, and apply evolving trends across categories, competition, and consumers to shape content for Asianet, Star Sports, D+HS and relevant global network channels
- Brand Protection: Identification and analysis of threat to business, leadership, and network channels to ensure timely escalation and intervention
- Develop capability and projects that allow for the practice to remain future ready
- Develop queries and dashboards across tools to collate and distill insights, monitor crisis, and stay connected with the consumers
- Collaborate with senior stakeholders and service BUs with high integrity and discipline
- Business Impact: Providing insights & strategic intelligence that enable business growth
- Innovation: Develop novel systems to enable data led decision making efficiently
- Brand Protection
• PG from reputed institutes
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- 2-5 years of work experience
- Excellent command over Malayalam language (Both verbal and written) and Malayali culture, its people and region
- A strong understanding of the digital and social media landscape and key platforms is required.
- Training for using various tools will be provided. Post that the candidate will be expected to work hands on with the tools culling insights from conversations besides other data sources.
- Exposure to data analytics is essential
- Working knowledge of basic regression techniques and their implementation on R/Python is desirable
- Experience in brand marketing, agency roles with exposure to consumer insight mining will be helpful
- Experience in social listening will be an advantage
- Ability to present data in formats useful to line/business is desired
- High personal impact and exceptional written and oral communication skills. Articulating the stories that lie within the data is a key facet of this role.
- Affinity for entertainment, either creating or viewing, is an advantage.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, sometimes ambiguous, and ever challenging environment.
- Should possess a strong passion for content, especially local (Malayalam) entertainment.
- Should possess a strong Business Development drive to be able to present/sell current work to stakeholders, enhance trust and increase portfolio.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.