Assistant Manager - FinanceFinance
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYStarStar India has defined the Indian media landscape for more than 30 years, and today is one of the country’s leading media conglomerates, reaching around 700 million viewers a month on TV across India and over 100 other countries. Star India’s channel portfolio cuts across general entertainment, films, sports, infotainment, kids, and lifestyle content across eight languages. The network generates over 20,000 hours of content every year and broadcasts 70+ channels, reaching 9 out of 10 C&S TV homes in India. The Star Sports network is one of the leading sports networks with 17 channels in its bouquet. It is home to a number of leading domestic and international sports and is making quantum leaps in transforming sports in the country, helping India become a multi-sporting nation. Disney+ Hotstar, India’s largest premium streaming platform has changed the way Indians watch their entertainment - from their favourite TV shows and movies to sporting extravaganzas. With the widest range of content in India, Disney+ Hotstar offers more than 100,000 hours of TV Shows and Movies in 8 languages, regional and national News, and coverage of every major global sporting event, including the IPL. The company is present in the Indian movie production and distribution space through Fox Star Studios. The studios is also responsible for the marketing and distribution of its Hollywood slate in the country. For more details visit us at http://www.startv.com/
Tasks will Include the following :
- Accurate and timely completion of SG&A cost quarter closing activities for Star group Indian entities.
- Preparation of monthly / Quarterly controllership & Balance sheet schedules along with robust commentary & variance analysis.
- Prepare/Assist in compilation of various details for Statutory, Management and Internal Audits schedules.
- Participate in new initiatives and projects and focus on Process improvements & automation.
- Support to Tax team for submission of various details like assessment data etc.
- Communicating and develop good working relations with business teams will be key aspect for success.
- Constant identification and drive areas of improvement within current processes.
- Responsible for ensuring financial control and compliances in the areas of accrual of expenses and relevant financial reporting.
- Timely completion of ad-hoc activities as and when requested
- Inter-CA / MBA / M. Com / B. Com with 5 and above years of experience
- Strong excel skills
- SAP experience preferred
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Strong understanding of accounting & operational processes with multitasking capabilities
- Ability to work under pressure in an environment where priorities must be continually re-evaluated and adapted as possible.
- Able to manage to tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Envisions an inspiring future direction
- Develops clear and consistent strategies to achieve the vision
- Leverages synergy opportunities across functions and businesses
- Stays current on business issues, industry trends, and technology advances
- Uses knowledge of the company’s products and services to meet customer needs and financial targets
- Establishes critical external alliances
- Engages colleagues across the organization to optimize performance
- Natural collaborator who manages the needs of diverse stakeholders
- Facilitates win-win situations
- Effectively persuades others to support ideas and plans
- Tailors messages appropriately to the audience
- Strong presentation and influencing skills at all levels with the diplomacy to manage challenging situations
- Translates strategy into specific priorities, objectives, and action plans
- Achieves high levels of customer satisfaction
- Uses technology to facilitate better results
- Keeps commitments
- Analyses data and information to drive decisions
- Ensures project delivery
Inspires Creativity and Innovation
- Creates an environment that encourages creative thinking and supports risk taking
- Proactively looks for new opportunities
- Challenges the status quo
- Takes risks and manages them intelligently
- Articulates a compelling business case for change
- Builds commitment to change
- Coaches others through change
- Provides appropriate direction, resources and environment needed for success
- Proactively recruits, retains and develops a diverse range of talented people
- Provides challenging work assignments and developmental opportunities
- Addresses performance issues and takes appropriate action
- Recognizes and rewards the achievements of others
- Strengthens others through mentoring and feedback
Exhibits Professional Excellence
- Pursues excellence with integrity, passion and courage
- Sets a good example for others
- Shows consistency in words and actions
- Learns from personal and organizational experiences
- Strives for self-improvement
- Maintains composure under pressure
- Earns the trust and respect of colleagues, partners and customers
- Treats others with respect
- Should possess good presentation skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.