STAR ASIANET MIDDLE EAST
Last Modified: 16th January 2022
SCOPE OF THIS POLICY
WHO WE ARE
A member of The Walt Disney Family of Companies, which includes many different brands, will be the data controller for your information. In this case Star Asianet Middle East FZ LLC shall be the data controller.
TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect two basic types of information – personal information (as defined in this policy) and anonymous information (as defined in this policy) – and we may use personal and anonymous information to create a third type of information, aggregate information (also defined in this policy). For example, we may collect:
• Registration information you provide when you create an account, enter a promotion, or link your profile on a third-party site or platform with your registration account, such as your first name and surname, nationality, country of residence, gender, date of birth, email address, contact number, photograph, username, and password;
• Transaction information you provide when you request information, contact Guest Services, or purchase a product or service from us, such as your postal address, telephone number, and payment information;
• Information you provide in public forums on our sites and applications, such as your public posts;
• Information sent either one-to-one or within a limited group using our message, chat, post, or similar functionality, where we are permitted by applicable law to collect this information;
• Information we obtain from a third party, such as a site or platform provider, about use of our applications on third-party platforms or devices;
• Location information, including location information provided by a mobile or other device interacting with one of our sites or applications (including through beacon technologies), or associated with your IP address, where we are permitted by law to process this information;
• Activity information about your use, and the use by any person(s) you authorize through your account, of our sites and applications, such as the content you view or post, how often you use our services, and your preferences; and/or
• Usage, viewing, technical, and device data when you visit our sites, use our applications on third-party sites or platforms, or open emails we send, including your browser or device type, unique device identifier, and IP address.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
• We may collect information you provide to us when you request or purchase products, services, or information from us, register with us (including when you link your profile on a third-party site or platform with your registration account), participate in public forums or other activities on our sites and applications, respond to guest surveys, or otherwise interact with us using one or more devices. You may provide information in a variety of ways, including by typing or using voice commands.
• We may collect information through a variety of technologies, such as cookies, Flash cookies, pixels, tags, software development kits, application program interfaces, and Web beacons, including when you visit our sites and applications or use our applications on third-party sites or platforms using one or more devices, whether or not you are logged in or registered.
• We may collect information using analytics tools, including when you visit our sites and applications or use our applications on third-party sites or platforms.
• We may acquire information from other trusted sources to update or supplement the information you provided or we collected automatically, such as when we validate postal address information using third party services. Applicable law may require that you authorize the third party to share your information with us before we can acquire it.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION BY THE WALT DISNEY FAMILY OF COMPANIES
The member of The Walt Disney Family of Companies that is the data controller for your information is responsible for and may use your information for the purposes described in this policy. Other members of The Walt Disney Family of Companies and/or third party service providers may have access to your information where they perform services on behalf of the data controller(s) (as a data processor) and, unless prohibited under applicable law, for use on their own behalf (as a data controller) for the purposes described in this policy. Consistent with applicable law and choices and controls that may be available to you, we may use information collected from you, or from devices associated with you, to:
• Provide you with the experiences, products, and services you request, view, engage with, or purchase;
• Communicate with you about your account or transactions with us and send you information or request feedback about features on our sites and applications or changes to our policies;
• Personalize content and experiences;
• Operate, understand, optimize, develop, or improve our sites, applications, products, services and operations, including by using guest survey research and analytics tools; and
• Detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION WITH OTHER ENTITIES
• We will not share your personal information with a third party outside The Walt Disney Family of Companies except in limited circumstances, including:
• When you allow us to share your personal information with another company, such as:
o Electing to share your personal information with carefully selected companies so that they can send you offers and promotions about their products and services; and
o Directing us to share your personal information with third-party sites or platforms, such as social networking sites.
• Please note that once we share your personal information with another company, the information received by the other company is controlled by that company and becomes subject to the other company’s privacy practices.
• When we cooperate with financial institutions to offer co-branded products or services to you, such as our co-branded Disney Rewards Visa Card; however, we will do so only if permitted by applicable law and, in these cases, the financial institutions are prohibited from using your personal information for purposes other than those related to the co-branded products or services;
• When companies perform services on our behalf, including without limitation management, development, package delivery, marketing and advertising, customer service; however, these companies are prohibited from using your personal information for purposes other than those requested by us or required by law; and
• When we share your personal information with third parties in connection with the sale of a business, to enforce our Terms and Conditions or rules, to ensure the safety and security of our guests and third parties, to protect our rights and property and the rights and property of our guests and third parties, to comply with legal process, or in other cases if we believe in good faith that disclosure is required by law.
YOUR CONTROLS AND CHOICES
We provide you the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding our collection, use and sharing of your information. In accordance with applicable law, your controls and choices may include:
• Correcting, updating, and deleting your registration account;
• Choosing or changing your choices for subscriptions, newsletters, and alerts;
• Requesting removal of your personal information from a public forum on one of our sites or application; and
• Requesting access to the personal information we hold about you and that we amend or delete it.
You may exercise these controls and choices in by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org, following instructions provided in communications sent to you, or by using your device or other available settings (for example, by re-setting your device’s advertising identifier and/or opting out of interest based ads).
Please be aware that if you do not allow us to collect personal information from you, we may not be able to deliver certain experiences, products, and services to you, and some of our services may not be able to take account of your interests and preferences. If collection of personal information is mandatory, we will make that clear at the point of collection so that you can make an informed decision whether to participate. If you have questions about the specific personal information about you that we process or retain, and your rights regarding that personal information, please contact email@example.com.
We recognize the need to provide further privacy protections with respect to personal information we may collect from children on our sites and applications. Do note that this section does not in any way amend or supersede the age limit that may be specified in any associated Terms and Conditions. Some of the features on our sites and applications are age-gated so that they are not available for use by children, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children in connection with those features. When we intend to collect personal information from children, we take additional steps to protect children’s privacy, including:
• Notifying parents about our information practices with regard to children, including the types of personal information we may collect from children, the uses to which we may put that information, and whether and with whom we may share that information;
• In accordance with applicable law, and our practices, obtaining consent from parents for the collection of personal information from their children, or for sending information about our products and services directly to their children;
• Limiting our collection of personal information from children to no more than is reasonably necessary to participate in an online activity; and
• Giving parents access or the ability to request access to personal information we have collected from their children and the ability to request that the personal information be changed or deleted.
DATA SECURITY, INTEGRITY, AND RETENTION
DATA TRANSFERS, STORAGE, AND PROCESSING GLOBALLY
COMMENTS AND QUESTIONS